Disappointing 39 week appt (well 38w6d appt)

iVillage Member
Disappointing 39 week appt (well 38w6d appt)
Mon, 12-20-2010 - 5:03pm

So I'm over being pregnant I'm

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-20-2010 - 8:19pm
Whoa, $21 to ship something small?! Was it out of country?!

I'm sorry you're not being induced like you'd hoped! Who knows though, maybe tomorrow you'll spontaneously go into labor yourself :). If not, then it's not TOO much longer anyway. Although in the last few weeks, every day feels like a whole week sometimes.

I'm having the same issue with my ab muscles. I told Joe I didn't know I even had muscles left to hurt! Every time i lift or twist or move it's like everything is going to pop open. I think we're stretched out too far.
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-20-2010 - 9:37pm

Hang in there, Rhonda!

I was induced on an unfavorable cervix once because I didn't know enough to say no, and it hurt far worse only getting to 4 cm before the cesarean that resulted, than the totally unmedicated birth, next, of my husky 10 lb son... so whereas other women here can give better accounts of being induced (perhaps with better Bishop's scores than I had at the time?) I would count you lucky that your doc sounds pretty sensible in not wanting to induce you on an unfavorable cervix.

I believe you when you say you feel like you pulled your abs laughing though! I did that coughing hard 2 weeks ago with that nasty viral cough everyone was having... but it must be far worse for you, now, this much farther along.

Can't blame you for being ready to be done, though. I never knew what it really meant to feel that way, until this little one now... and now, I know, and think you are brave and selfless to just soldier on through, enduring it, for the sake of the baby. Kudos! I can't even claim to be suffering as much as many other women on this board, but I have tasted enough of it this time to have some compassion and sympathy for all who are ready to be done.

As for the post office thing, my DH is a mail carrier, and I am puzzled... was this 2 lb package really, really big, perhaps? If it was way too big to fit into any flat rate boxes (was it a set of pillows, or a giant comforter or something?) I can see it costing so much because there's a limit on package dimensions, that can make something expensive to ship. But wait... did you have to send it overnight air,

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 1:55pm

Kate,

No the package was not out of the country and it's not even guaranteed to get there before Christmas.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 2:02pm

Meg,

I had a friend who was induced on an unfavorable cervix a couple of months ago, she ended up laboring for 3 days then ended up with a c-section, and I in no way want that.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 2:22pm

Meg,
I forgot to add that I have been pumping every couple of nights to fool my body into producing oxytocin lol and I don't really even feel crampy afterwards however the other night I did get (TMI) return!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 3:07pm
I'm with you too Rhonda! I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy (other than my hypertension that landed me on bed rest), but I just want "our" time to be here and we're holding our little guy!

It's amazing that it's already here, but yet still seems so far away!

I hope your able to kick start your labor soon!

Jenn
Lilypie First Birthday tickers