Do hiccups count???

iVillage Member
Do hiccups count???
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 12:39pm

So in the last 2 days or so I have noticed the baby has slowed way down on his movements. He still moves but not as often as he was but gets hiccups sometimes 3 times a day. Do I count these as fetal movements?? Last night it was the weirdest thing cuz I felt his hiccups on right side then slowly they moved to the middle and then went to my left side. lol

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 1:51pm

I have been wondering the same thing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 3:17pm

Hi,

From what I have read regarding "kick counts", hiccups do not count towards the 10 movements that you should get in 1-2 hours of tracking per day.

I have also noted a significant slowdown in activity in the last few days (I am 37 weeks) and this is normal at this stage, since they are so crammed in there at this point.. I have also noticed that the movements are more subtle, no more giant thuds and thunks :)

If you're getting nervous about slowdowns in activity, I would recommend the old standby, drink something

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 3:33pm
Ronan doesn't really move at all until up in the evening. He does still get hiccups, like 2 or 3 times a day. When he moves around at night, the movements are more like rolls than anything else. I sure hope he's just getting ready to come out!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers