DYK?

iVillage Member
DYK?
Tue, 08-09-2011 - 7:07pm

Did You Know?

DYK is a thread for small bits of info about anything and everything?

DYK it is in question format, like Jeopardy?

DYK that my sis just left after a week's visit from out of state?

....and that I am happy to have seen her, but also happy to have things settle back to normal?

...that it's also nice to hear from the most active ladies on the board, but I also hope to hear from some lurkers, because we miss your input?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: crunchymamamaine
Wed, 08-10-2011 - 11:51am

Dyk.... this is a great way to keep up with day to day stuff.

Dyk....the girls went to the annual pig scramble on Saturday and each caught a pig.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 8:35am
DYK I wish I had more time to contribute to the board?

DYK I'm so ready for fall, its been 100 or higher for 45/46 days straight?

DYK I'd gladly suffer through a thunderstorm simply to get some rain?
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-12-2011 - 3:54pm

Dyk I hope you see a break in the temps soon.

Dyk I have a friend in TX and she keeps wanting to trade me, lol.

Dyk I have a feeling that Maine is going to see an early winter.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-13-2011 - 11:20pm

DYK this is the first time in 10 years that I am not preparing my classroom to go back to school.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 12:46pm
DYK I feel for all you in the South, etc who are in triple digits for so long? DYK when my mother was a child in Texas, she heard grownups being amazed at the terrible heat wave if it was going to be in the 90's? That's a lot of change in a short while.

DYK I had heard that pigs are less work, so long as they have a pig companion and are well cared for, because they don't require as much space or cleaning up after (because birds will poop anywhere, whereas pigs are fastidious unless given no choice in the matter)?

DYK my DD's 7th birthday is only 3 weeks away, and I have to figure out what we're doing, because we're going to a family roadtrip to Boston next week, which is the week before?

DYK my 3-year-old son sometimes drives me nuts, trying to outright maul the baby with over-eager affection and rough play, and I am starting to sound like a broken record with the 'No's over and over?

Last one: DYK that life just seems permanently in fast-forward these days, and I'm not sure if it's I am older (and therefore a week seems to go by like a day once did, and a month goes by like a week?) or whether it's because I have 3 kids and there's just never enough time?

And DYK I sometimes cope by letting the grass get knee-high because I just can't get to it again in the same month, with barely keeping up with housework and my sanity?

But DYK I know it will not always be like this, and it's worth it, hands down?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-14-2011 - 1:01pm
DYK this is the 2nd year I'm not preparing my classroom and I'm so sad about that.

DYK I'm so jealous of your rain. It passed right over us Literally LOL..

DYK I love Central TX though.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 3:04pm
DYK Cindy, I had the same thought about an early winter, because not only did Summer come in Spring, but we've already had some unusually chilly rainy days, and more recently, the dry, clear, not-so-hot weather that seemed like early September? I was wondering if we were going to have an early Winter, too?

-Meg

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-19-2011 - 3:09pm
DYK (Did Y'all Know?) that I grew up in Central TX and don't miss it a bit LOL? Except for things like the food, ok I miss that?

DYK James has a fever that mysteriously comes and goes, but he doesn't even act sick? I wonder if it's just that he's so mellow that he's hardly fussy at all, or that he actually doesn't feel sick, just feels super hot to the touch?

DYK we had a heck of a time getting figured out where we are going to stay on our trip to Boston? We settled on 2 nights in a place in the Back Bay that I think we'll like, and 2 nights at another smoke-free hotel in the Providence/Seekonk area, and I will never allow DH to "keep looking" us out of cheaper advance booking rates again?

-Meg

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-24-2011 - 10:41am

DYK my 2nd dd just turned 7 on the 17th?

DYK the pigs are doing well and are living in a fenced in area now?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 5:22pm
Congrats on the 7th bday! DYK my DD turned 7 on the 7th? It's neat how much we have in common!
Cool about the pigs! Wish we could do that!

DYK James' fever that came and went turned out to be roseola? The classic rash appeared just as the fever subsided. Harmless. Just never saw it with my first two.

-Meg