Is everyone just really busy with their babies?

iVillage Member
Is everyone just really busy with their babies?
Sat, 03-05-2011 - 8:20pm

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Hi Meg
We're fighting the battle of the bottle right now. Sebastian hates them but he needs to start taking one since I will be heading back to work in April. I think the newborn bottles have too little flow so we ordered some higher flow nipples for the bottles. it is killing DH to have the munchkin cry over the bottle and not drink more than an ounce.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member

I check the board daily, but if I don't see new posts or anything that I can contribute to, I don't stick around long.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Well, I think I'm like you, I have been blessed with an easy baby!

iVillage Member
They don't tell about the Terrible Threes, maybe because a lot of us would just say "I can't do this!" and throw in the towel, if we knew there was more to come. LOL
Sounds like you're doing great though.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member

I would call Jett a moderately easy baby... it certainly could be worse but I can't imagine having to take care of other children in addition to his needs.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member

Sorry I've been absent. I don't get much time on the computer and when I do, I usually have one or the other sitting on my lap or nursing. Very difficult to reply with one hand (though totally doable).

Nicholas has been a very good baby and already sleeps better than his sister ever did, so I actually feel normal during the day and seldom feel like I need a nap. He only really cries when he's tired. Since I never really knew how much sleep a newborn needed with DD, I've done some research and figured out what kind of schedule Nicholas would do well on,. I'm currently trying to help him learn to fall asleep on his own, as before I would nurse him or rock him to sleep. I don't mind doing those things, I just don't want him to become dependent on those methods to fall asleep. He is showing some resistance if I don't lay him down soon enough. Again, that took some learning to figure out when to lay him down, as he shows no signs he's tired until he's too tired. So, I'm having to guess when to lay him down. I did it at the right time for bedtime last night and he put himself to sleep ... and then slept 5hours and 20 minutes!

Other than that, I've had a horrible case of thrush. Nursing was so painful, I couldn't nurse at all off of my right side without me swearing and crying. So, for a few days, I had to hand express my right side every time he nursed on the left. Finally, I can nurse on my right side if I have a hot towel draped over my breast. At least it's getting better.

Love Megs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sounds lovely, jlynn! But I am from Texas, and I know what's coming next, and me, I'd rather take the cold, than the heat. So even though we are good and sick of snow and winter, we're ok. Having a nice thaw week, and my bulbs are even up 2 inches near the southern foundation of the house!

-Meg

iVillage Member
Meggie,
Sounds like you've had quite enough to keep you preoccupied! Hope the thrush gets better soon. I've never had full-blown thrush, only ever had the sharp stabbing pain while nursing, in the breast, and that only twice. Hot compresses, as hot and for as long as I could take it, on the affected area, and a no-sugar, lowcarb diet seemed to work for me, but I'll probably never know if it truly worked, or if I just didn't need any help to get over it. It sounds terrible, and kudos to you for working around and through the problem to resolve it and continue nursing your baby.

-Meg

iVillage Member
I have to agree with Kate, it's my oldest baby that's keeping me so busy! Ronan is a fairly easy going baby, but he's super demanding when it comes to his food! He loves to be held, so I spend most of my day holding Ronan and trying to get everything housework-wise done with him and trying to keep up with my 16 month old. We also found out that Killian is a breath holder, he's passed out on us twice in the past month and a half, so I have to keep a really close eye on him, especially if he gets cranky or feels sick. I absolutely can't wait for warm, dry weather! We are sooo sick of being stuck inside all day.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

Meg,

You are absolutely right about having to pay later for our hot weather.

Jennifer . . baby

Pages