First appointment- too early...

iVillage Member
First appointment- too early...
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 7:58pm
I had my first appointment today and the dr did an ultrasound. He found a yolk sac, but was unable to find a heartbeat. He thinks it's probably too early... I got a bfp on April 30th, but haven't had a period since my first baby was born in march 2009. Without a period, I had no idea when the new bean was concieved, so they made me the soonest appointment. But it looks like I was barely prego when I tested. So still no due date, but going in again for another ultrasound June 3rd, and hopefully we'll see a heart beat then!

- Carrie

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 2:58pm

Same here! Wasn't sure how pregnant I was. I went today and they said only 5 weeks (not much to see). But they are letting me come back in a week and a 1/2. So hopefully more to see then.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 8:09pm

Hi there, same thing happened to me. I have been spotting for 5 days and decided to call my doctor today and went in for an ultrasound and saw only a sac and no baby yet. I'm around 5w 4d and the nurse said it was normal.... but I know how you feel! I will be back next week and hopefully be able to see the heartbeat! Good luck to you!

Alex

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

pregnancy week by week
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-17-2010 - 8:09pm
I hope you get a due date with the next sono!! welcome to the board
Photobucket

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check