First time moms! How ya feeling?

iVillage Member
First time moms! How ya feeling?
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 7:46am

Any news about your appointments, updates, plans? Any new symptoms or changes? Are you more excited, or more nervous? Does it seem real yet, and do you feel ready?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 4:21pm

I feel like a broken record but again it is so nice to have the BTDT moms to check in on us FTMs. :)

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 6:35pm
I wouldn't get too concerned with the distance between your appointments. As long as everything has been checking out well up to this point and you have no risks, everything should be just fine! If all else fails and you have concerns, certainly give them a call and express them!

Sounds good that you are having BH contractions, nothing like the practice ones! I've heard that it's good to have them early and is a good indicator to quick labors, but don't quote me on that as FTM's typically have longer labors! Most everyone I know has, with the exception of the few that have nice quick ones! I was very fearful with my first and so I can understand that too. But it is what we have to do to get our miracles and we soon forget about all about it!

Take care and have a great Holiday!

Jenn
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 9:10pm

Bfg27,

I can understand why you'd be feeling antsy about not getting seen more frequently yet, but it is a blessing that your OB feels relaxed that your pregnancy is going just about... perfectly!

Sorry to hear about friends being horrified... believe me, if your OB caught even a whiff on the wind that something terrible was even remotely likely, she would not be relaxed and casual about seeing you the 6th instead of sooner. It is true that first time moms average past 40 weeks, and it's good that she's not treating you

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-21-2010 - 11:35pm
Had my 36 week appt yesterday and the OB decided that I was measuring ahead all of a sudden. Seems a little odd since I've been right in the middle up until now. All that means is that I'm headed for another u/s next week to go along with my appt so we can do a Goober weight check. It was right about 5 pounds only 2 weeks ago so I can't imagine we've seen any crazy growth spurt all of a sudden.

If our renovations were even remotely done I would feel emotionally more prepared but at this point, whatever will be will be. DH and the contractor are moving as fast as they can and I'm still helping when possible but who knows what will be done before the arrival.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility