Girl #5 on her way. Confused and happy..

iVillage Member
Girl #5 on her way. Confused and happy..
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 1:10am

Sorry I have been MIA since my first appointment, but it has been crazy around my house since then. School, puppies, landscaping, life in general....

Anyway. We had our 20 week U/S today and I was glad because I was getting a little worried because I have not felt any movement yet. Out of all my pregnancies this was a first that I had not felt the baby by now. So when I saw those kicks and stretches my heart calmed a little. Measuring about where she should be. EDD was the 9th but was moved to the 15th today. She looks perfect too! We even got to see her face at such an angle that it looked like a 3D picture. She looks just like her 4 older sisters.

I am excited because I have a beautiful healthy baby. DH on the other hand has barely looked at me since we found out. I understand he is disappointed for not getting his boy. And since this baby was a surprise with all the counter measures we were using to prevent, he was hoping it would be a miracle our last baby would be a boy. I feel, like i've done something wrong. While I know I have no control over these things the look he has is so disheartening, I don't think anything I say or do will make it better this time. I just want to sit and cry.

Secondly both sides of our families were disappointed that our #4 was a girl too. In fact they even cancelled my babyshower when they found out.

Because of these 2 things, you girls are the only ones I will be telling and bragging that DH and I are on a very healthy TEAM PINK!!! Hopefully I can keep my mouth shut and just keep referring to my belly as Baby and not her, she, etc... until January when she is born.

Aleisa - Mommy to 4 beautiful girls!!

Aleisa - Mommy to 4 beautiful girls!!  Embrie(7) Julianna(5) Caroline(2) Delilah(10M)<

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 7:48am
You've taken a beautiful attitude about your healthy baby girl. I truly wish people put less emphasis on gender, but I'm guilty of it myself. As it got closer to my u/s I had to remind myself that it truly didn't matter. This child is loved regardless. I truly hope your dh will come around. Hugs.
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 8:41am

Yeah for TEAM PINK!! I'm glad you're in our corner, and feel free to come here to get excited all over again for another DD. I am so happy for you! And I hope your DH will come to his senses soon.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 9:14am

Congrats on your girl!

Katie

Married to highschool sweetheart since 8-12-02

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 11:13am

Pfft... on them. I get so frustrated at people who are disappointed with the sex of the baby. My step-son had a brain tumor at age 3 and is now 13. My hubby does not care the sex of the baby and just wants a healthy little one after all the trips to children's hospital, brain surgery, chemo, radiation etc that he went through with his son. I am hoping to see a super healthy bean on Thursday after having 2

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 12:40pm
Jeez! Some family you have. Don't they realize that a HEALTHY baby is such a blessing, regardless of gender?! And your DH can NOT be mad at you at all! It's his sperm that determines boy or girl! Anyway, CONGRATS on the continued pinkage. i bet your other girls are THRILLED about another sister.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 7:27pm
Having another girl means you can win over the

Super Mom Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-31-2010 - 11:50pm

aww. I think it would be super neat to have 5 girls. You know, it doesn't happen like that for very many people.. it's special that it worked out that way.

I was a little disappointed this time around with having twin boys. Horrible, I know but I have several reasons. Mainly I have no boy stuff, I really REALLY wanted to re-use all my adorable girl clothes I saved from dd's. Also, I thought for sure with the chance of having twins that one would be a girl. However, I see the bright side of having 2 boys as well. They will have each other and be into all the boy stuff together. Well, unless one is gay or something, I suppose. j/j. I am just saying, lol. I have gotten over it. Your dh will too. I doubt he is really mad or anything. Just disappointed. It happens but he will love her when she gets here and everything will turn out okay. Hugs!

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers
sept 2010 sig