glocose test

iVillage Member
glocose test
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 7:45pm
Since I had G.D. with my last pregnancy the dr wanted to do an early one. I still have to do the 28 week test too. I had the script for a couple weeks now but since I have a appointment with the high risk dr on Tuesday I figured I'd better get it done lol. So, we went yesterday and I thought they take your blood first, then you drink the stuff, wait an hour and they take your blood again. This guy didn't. Anyway, he told me I have 5-7 minutes to drink it. I told him how I was putting it off cause I've been so nauseous and didn't want to throw it up. Then he left the room to go get another patient in a wheel chair, came back and was shocked that I had finished it. I just gulped it down. It wasn't as bad as I remember, maybe cause it was orange this time. He said " wow that's got to be a record!".. Now, I'm praying that I don't have GD. That would totally suck! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!
iVillage Member
In reply to: laurag7708
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 7:31am
How did it go? I hope you got a good result! Please let us know :)

Photobucket
pregnancy

Together 1.8.02 Married 11.5.05

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: laurag7708
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 11:05am

Ugh..I am so glad I don't have to drink that stuff. I was given the option to monitor my blood glucose levels with a monitor. I have a special situation tho-I have Crohn's disease and sugar is a bad trigger for me to flare up...It's a PITA to remember to test every morning and before every meal and then two hours after...but it's a whole lot better than gulping that sugar down and them vomit it back up and days of misery afterward (for me).

If anything, this testing I have been doing is revealing a pattern of low blood sugar for me (readings in the low 70's and a few in the 60's) so it has made me pay attention to the foods I am eating a little more(not that it really helps, I am still gaining like a fiend and know I will get chewed out by my doc in a week or two..sigh.).

Hope it all turns out okay.