Had an unexpected ultrasound today

iVillage Member
Had an unexpected ultrasound today
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:30am
I have been having lots of cramps, especially in my lower back. I know this can be normal too. My weirder symptom is that I am constantly freezing but sweating. I sweat all night long but have chills too. It's really annoying. My first appt isn't until june 1st so I decided to call the dr. today and see if I should go in sooner. Well they kept putting me on hold until they came back and asked me if I still work at (an imaging company). I said yes and they said they could fax me an order for an u/s if she could get me in right away. Well it all worked out and I chugged all kinds of water in 30 minutes. I went in for the scan and was shaking because I was so nervous that there wasn't going to be a baby or that it would be a molar pregnancy (I feel like I am getting big too fast). Well the tech didn't say anything for a really long time and I just knew it was going to be bad news. I was praying on the table. Then she turns the screen to me and says, "you got twins". lol I was floored. No fertility medicines and no family history. Just craziness! I was in shock the rest of the scan and didn't say much. Both babies are measuring 6 weeks 2-3 days and both have heart rates of 123. My mom was pretty peeved but the rest of the family is excited. This will be so different and sooooo hard. I can't even imagine putting two babies to sleep at night, the kids I have now are hard to get to bed!
Photobucket
sept 2010 sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 4:44am
Congrats!!! That's super exciting!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 8:56am
Congratulations on the twins! I'm sure everything will work out for good! I'm sorry your mom wasn't thrilled, but either she'll get over it or she won't...and it's not your problem, it's hers. :) Enjoy your pregnancy!
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lots of gluten-free recipes: http://www.glutenfreebeginnings.info
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 9:38am
Yay! Congrats!!! I hope I get twins too ;). I'd prefer to have twins now (they do run in my family-every generation-my aunt is a geneticist and predicted I'd have twins) than at the end like my one aunt had (#4 and #5). Sorry about the funky symptoms but hooray on the twins! Also-my little guy goes to bed quite nicely and I think it's due to the book No Cry Sleep Solution. He's doing the 2-year old thing that he likes to extend his routine but he's super set in it (so much so that if we don't follow it we have to start over by taking his diaper off, taking him potty, and so on). Check those books out from the library-they may have some ideas to help :). Congrats again!

Ashley

Proud wife and babywearing, BFing, homeschooling, CDing, sorta-crunchy WAHM of Monkey and a little bean due Jan 2010

Photobucket
Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ashley

Proud wife and babywearing, BFing, homeschooling, CDing, sorta-crunchy WAHM of Monkey (4/2008) and Kangaroo (1/2011), waiting on a new squishy 1/2014

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 1:59pm
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! I am having the same problem with the cold sweating - going on 4 weeks now of it! I also had it with my previous pregnancies. It's terrible! I wake up in the middle of the night drenched and freezing because I'm wet. I get so frustrated - I'm not even hot! Hopefully it will get better when the hormones level off - congrats on your TWO little miracles!
Photobucket
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:05pm
Whoah! What a surprise! Welcome to the club ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 2:34pm
Congrats! I have 2 sets of twins, no meds with both sets.
Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket Michael and Matthew
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-21-2010 - 7:45pm
Congrats!!! That is exciting.. seems to be a bunch of twins popping up on here

Devon mom to Audrianna 8, Tristan 7, Montana 5, Dylan 4 and Liberty 20m expecting #6!!!

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check