Happy Mother's Day, and how did it go?

iVillage Member
Happy Mother's Day, and how did it go?
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 10:05am

I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was.

I got to

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 11:23am

That is a lovely card!

iVillage Member
My first mother's day was wonderful. We had a family picnic in the park. We ate apples and cheese and played with little Trey. When we came home, Trey took a 2 1/2 hour nap, and DH and I took a 2 hour nap along with him. I had so much fun spending time with my little family.

iVillage Member

I had a pretty good day. My SO is finally home from the hospital after 7 months.

iVillage Member

Wow, family picnics in the park, nice necklace and diaper vacation, mani/pedi and frozen yogurt, and best of all, I see that everyone got to nap/snuggle and really take it easy! Sounds like everyone so far had a great Mother's Day!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 10:01pm

My 1st Mother's Day was very nice.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-10-2011 - 11:52pm
Leela's gift to me was sleeping 8-730. Too bad I didn't get to enjoy it though because I was to work at 4am! We went for a picnic at my favorite playground after that though, and I ran around with Violet for an hour or so. Came home and napped on and off for 3 hours, and finally woke up to a peach tree planted in my back yard!! It's got 3 tiny peaches on it already, I'm so excited to watch them grow and then eat em up :). I only changed one or two baby diapers and no big girl diapers, so that was pretty awesome. It turned out to be a good momma's day!
iVillage Member

Sorry that I am not on here much - DH and I have been sharing a laptop, so I have been doing most of my internet from my cell and it is just to hard to get on here from there!

My Mother's Day was ok.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
That does sound ehausting, Julie! But in a good way. I can understand about how long it takes to get everyone ready to go, and I only have 2 plus the baby! Plus, my oldest is 6, so she helps her 3 yo brother get ready by fetching his socks, helping him with his shoes, etc. You have a tough job!

-Meg

iVillage Member
That peach tree sounds like a wonderful thing! When I was a kid, my mother planted one in our front yard. Only problem was, she didn't take care of it thereafter, and you really have to protect a tree for the first year it is getting established. It made some tiny peaches despite the neglect, all of which were wormy (guess how us kids found out!) and died the next year, poor thing. Can't grow peaches where I live, but if I could, I would. And I'd chop the crown at something like 6 feet to keep the peaches from ever growing out of reach, and then tie little mesh baggies around each little peach, to protect from birds and pests, once the flowers were polinated and the peaches were coming in, so as to avoid poisons. If we ever get our house on the market and actually then sell it and get a place with land, we live in good apple-growing climate, so we'll get a couple of fast-maturing apple trees going and chop them low like that. It looks odd, but the part about not needing a ladder to prune, tend, and pick, is worth it. I hope you keep us posted on the peach tree!

-Meg