Have you lost the extra hair from pregnancy, yet?

iVillage Member
Have you lost the extra hair from pregnancy, yet?
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 8:41am

I just noticed I am starting to shed a bit, and my part is widening where I have thinning on top, again. Doesn't look bad because of my hairstyle, but I can tell I'm going back to my usual semi-comb-over.

Has anyone else already started shedding, or was that over and done weeks ago, or are you still sporting the lush locks of pregnancy?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
I'm shedding big time!!
iVillage Member
I started shedding at about 7/8 weeks. Still going strong. I about have to pull a mouse out of the shower drain every other time I shower. Yuck! The bathroom floor is a mess of hair every day. I hope it stops soon. I normally have really thick hair, and even after weeks of losing it, I don't look thin. In fact, I rather like just how it is right now!

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member

I've been waiting for it to happen but I haven't noticed a difference.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
I haven't noticed a difference but I have a ton of hair already. My stylist has to thin it out every other month. My nails are super strong, very different than normal. I am chalking it up to continuing with the prenatals while nursing.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
I am still taking prenatals too, and my nails are crazy strong too! I was just thinking about that today. I didnt notice that with my previous kiddo, but I also kept my nails shorter then. I was already back playing rugby by this time with my first, which requires short nails.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member

Oh my gosh!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
With my first baby, I lost a ton of hair, and it stayed thin until he was about 7 months old (but by then I was already 3 or 4 months pregnant with this one!) With Ronan, I got my hair cut in a pixie style and I've kept it short, so you don't notice that it's kind of thin. I'm definitely not shedding as much as I did with my first son.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers