Headaches

iVillage Member
Headaches
Sat, 05-14-2011 - 4:11am
I literally used to never get headaches. Before this pregnancy I had a few when my wisdom teeth were coming in, then maybe one or two others my whole life. But then during my first trimester I had them ALL THE TIME, and it continued into part of the second trimester then stopped. And now they're back. I've been getting at least 3 a week since Leela has been born, usually more, sometimes multiple a day, and it's driving me insane. I assume they're hormone related but I'm still curious if anyone else is or has experienced this. Ugh, I can't imagine having to deal with this the entire time I'm breastfeeding, but it's going so well otherwise I don't think I'll quit just to find out if it is indeed hormonal. Maybe they'll let up a little when she's into solids and nursing slightly less? Yeah, that's what I'm gonna tell myself! Anyway, headaches? Anyone else?
iVillage Member
In reply to: sk8withk8
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 10:13pm

I definitely have hormone related headaches.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-31-2011 - 4:47am
Random update, but I figured out the problem. Dehydration! I was having several other issues and got REALLY dehydrated one week and thought I was going to die... I've dealt with that and have been a lot better about keeping myself hydrated and realized I haven't had anymore headaches in a while. I felt one creeping up yesterday while out in the HEAT (97 in may WTF?!) and I haven't been very good about the water this busy weekend, so that's how I figured it out for sure. I didn't realize BFing would have to affect my water intake so much!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-31-2011 - 11:05pm

Glad you figured it out!

Jennifer . . baby