Hey There

iVillage Member
Hey There
Wed, 02-02-2011 - 6:33pm

My Peppermint was born in January and I'm not looking to switch him to a snow pea but I was wondering if I could hang out here and everything since my little man is the same age as your guys babies.

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: skatha89
Thu, 02-03-2011 - 7:45am

Not only do we not mind, we LOVE having new faces! We lost a lot of people when the format change happened, so the motto around here is definitely "the more, the merrier!"

Hey, coincidentally, my DS James Liam was born on the same day as yours, and was 9 lbs, 22 inches! Gonna find out what he weighs today for his 4 week visit. PRobably not any 12 lbs though! Mine was a slow gainer... also breastfed, but he seemed to want to sleep rather than eat.

Hugs on the rough delivery! I tore with both my last two births (HBACs) but the 1st was 10 lbs with nuchal hand, and James was 9 lbs, but it was a 3 hr labor and super hard, fast, pushing stage that left the whites of his eyes red with burst capillaries, poor thing! My tears were long, but shallow... not sure what a 3rd or 4th degree tear actually means; is it the depth of the tear? In any case, sorry it was a hard birth, but so glad you are both ok, and you DID it! :)

Is he your first? Love the pic, so much hair, and I look forward to hearing more about him and you, and it's certainly fine to have more than one group! Many of our ladies gave birth in December, and at least one is February, so we are fine with it!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-03-2011 - 1:58pm

Thanks! That's funny but awesome our sons were born the same day and almost the same weight/length!

I just weighed DS and he does weigh a little over 12 lbs! I cannot believe it! We co-sleep and side nurse at night and SO says all DS does is snack away at night lol so maybe that is why he is gaining!

It's how close to your anus the tear is. 4th being all the way. And also involve how deep they were. A third-degree laceration is a tear in the vaginal tissue, perineal skin, and perineal muscles that extends into the anal sphincter (the muscle that surrounds your anus). A fourth-degree tear goes through the anal sphincter and the tissue underneath it. (Baby Center).

I wanted a home birth but my medical insurance wouldn't cover midwives and my apartments (and homes of relatives since no one owns, there landlords) wouldn't hear of it. I wanted to go all natural but couldn't and allowed myself an epi but by the time it was time to push it had worn off so SO says I did go natural just got a break in between 5-6cm and pushing lol

Yes he is my first as well as SO's. Since you don't mind me here I'll explain a bit about myself! I'm Kristin (21) and SO is Julian (22) we were friends in HS for 6 years before we started dating and had liked/loved each other but didn't think the other did. We were dating just over 2 years when DS was born and we live in a 1 bedroom apartment with my mom.

I can't wait to get to know you ladies!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-04-2011 - 10:06pm
Welcome Kristin! I think we had the same due date, I lurked a lot on the December EC, but joined this one because I figured my little guy would be late. He actually came three days early on the 28th, but I'm sticking to this board since I was on it for my whole pregnancy. Good to see you here!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-05-2011 - 9:51am
Hey girlie.. you are very welcome.. my Jan snow pea is a dec peppermint but im still here to

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-05-2011 - 1:58pm

Great photo, Kristin! Love the Moby, and what a chunkamunka he is!

My babies are just slow gainers, period, because we also cosleep/side nurse all night and my James was 9 lbs 11 oz at 4 weeks, up from 9 lbs 0 oz at birth...not a lot. But healthy so far as I can tell, and definitely wetting and pooping.

Thanks for the info about tears. I'm not sure what you'd call mine, since both times with both sons, I got perineal tears right to the anus, yet the were really shallow, no muscles or deeper tissues involved, so healed up pretty easily. Just really hard, fast, furious pushing urges with big babies, I guess? And I don't have very elastic tissues by nature...was covered in stretch marks from the minute I started developing around puberty.

I hear ya about the insurance and all.. if we get reimbursed anything, we'll take it for sure, but we don't hold our breath.

Sounds like you did a great job, epi or no epi, and just look at that great big head of hair! Did you have a lot of heartburn (the old wives' tale about babies with lots of hair)?

Lovely history about you and Julian. I always like hearing about our families, SOs, DHs, other kids, etc.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-05-2011 - 6:05pm
This is my first baby, but my family gains fast lol and he is a chunkamunk! He loves the moby and always puts him out!

I had the hard urge to push near the end of the 3 hours before the vacuum assist. And I have a good amount of stretch marks as well from puberty and now from him, but I find myself not minding at all anymore especially when I see him!

I had TONS of heartburn and had to go on meds and even than I had heart burn through it so yeah for me that wives tale was very true, I also was all belly and out in the front basket ball style lol
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-05-2011 - 6:05pm
I was on both ECs in the beginning when the Dec EC was slow but than it speed it lol
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-05-2011 - 6:06pm
Hiya Devon XD
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-06-2011 - 12:48am
Hey biotch, I noticed that you ditched us altogether once December picked up! Haha, that's ok since like Meg said it's pretty slow here compared to most boards, especially since the format change.

Tough time on the tear, ouch :/ My first was sunny side up too and I pushed for a really long time with her, but I was lucky enough to have the epidural by that point. Omg! I can't imagine pushing that long and having vacuum assistance with a worn off epi!! It's kinda crazy what we have to go through for these kids sometimes huh? They're lucky they're cute though :). Congrats on your baby boy!
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-06-2011 - 2:20pm
lol like I said, in the early days I need people interaction :P And truly I honestly thought he'd come early lol but you guys are actually pretty fast now compared to other boards which is the funniest thing!

It is crazy and I fully intend on reminding him when he is older LOL thanks and congrats on your little girl! I was following how over due you went! Insane!

Pages