im getting anxious first appt 10 weeks

iVillage Member
im getting anxious first appt 10 weeks
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 9:09pm
i have been going crazy and worried i scheduled a appt last week and they are making me wait until im 10 weeks along i havent had any bleeding but i lost one before my 3 year old at 5 weeks i have made it to 6 weeks 2 days so i should be fine but still nervous.i have gained 5 pds within a week and this only happened once
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytinks.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tickers/pregnancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&b=8&c=0x00FF00&f=4&y=2011&
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-08-2010 - 9:38pm

My OB has a really progressive practice (I have watched it grow and expand over the past 4 years). She has her own US Tech in her office, and her own 4D US Machine. In her practice, if your LMP puts you >5 weeks, she'll scan you at the first appointment to help date the pregnancy. If that scan is too early, they recheck in 2-3 weeks to document a heartbeat. At that point (be it 6 weeks or 8 weeks), once the heartbeat is seen, they pull your prenatal labwork and start prenatal appointments.

Having said that, I know it is typical in some other practices that they won't see you until 8-10 weeks based on your LMP. They say this helps screen out early losses and chemical pregnancies, because by 8 weeks there should be a heartbeat and a much lower risk of miscarriage.

If it will make you feel better, have you considered switching OBs? Maybe you can find one who's more proactive?

Anniversary

Birthday

BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 8:34am
Well, I was being seen by an RE, so by 7.5 weeks I had already had 3 ultrasounds. However, 7w4d was my last one and I don't see my real OB until next Wed. when I'll be 10w3d. So I'm going crazy too! I did call the OB's office and tell them I had had a loss in December (this is a new doctor) which I found out about at the first appointment and could they please do an ultrasound because I was going to be a basketcase. She said of course. So if they won't do one, I'd insist or find another doctor. I should also add that they said they normally like to see you around 8-9 weeks but I decided since I was seeing the RE for an ultrasound close to 8 weeks that I'd just wait. Now I'm wishing I'd asked for sooner!
Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 10:05am
i will have to try and ask them i would also like them to check to see if its twins or not because i just have a feeling and i was reading if you can feel them move it could possibly be two and i have felt movement for a couple of days now and im only 6 weeks 3 days i have had four other babys so i know what move ment feels like
<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytinks.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tickers/pregnancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&b=8&c=0x00FF00&f=4&y=2011&