I'm turning 38!

iVillage Member
I'm turning 38!
Sun, 05-29-2011 - 9:33am

In just a few days! Not sure how to celebrate, because this is also DH's week of vacation (he gets 2 weeks but is breaking it into 2 one-week vacations this year) and we have to do home improvements. I may try making myself an egg, dairy, and soy-free Boston Creme Pie because I love that and have not had it in years and years, and I can make a nice vanilla pudding filling without egg, dairy, or soy, and same for the cake, and then a lovely vegan chocolate frosting. But I wish someone else could make it for me, so I can have the reward and not have to work for it. Oh well!

Anyone else have a birthday about now? Anyone else as old as I am or (gasp) older?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-29-2011 - 7:29pm

I am currently 38 and my birthday is toward the end of summer so you definitely are not the oldest.

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-03-2011 - 9:55pm
Thank you! Actually, I did end up having a nice day... my Hubby cleaned house with me this morning and then watched the kids while I made an egg-and-dairy-free Boston Cream Pie for my birthday cake (all from scratch, with a small separate one for DS1 with carob frosting bc he can't have chocolate) and it was... mostly ok, not great, but ok all things considered, and way too much sugar. The Beer Gods were against me... I told DH I wanted Chocolate and Beer and window boxes. Window boxes were promised but are TBA, but he came through with chocolate...not the brand I love, but another that was sorta good, sorta too crunchy...and this utterly disappointing Vermont beer...so we tried again this evening, and Somebody must want me to not have any beer right now because this was a brand we have loved every time we tried it, a sure thing, and guess what? SKUNKED. Great....I think fate is telling me, Lady, just get over the whole beer thing and move on.
But DH also homebrewed, so fingers crossed it comes out well...won't know for another few weeks yet.

Anyway, I got to see my FIL, gave him a footbath and trimmed his toenails which he badly needed, got to spend time with my mom too, rehashing the details of childbirth in a way that made DH get really absorbed into his comic book, had thin-crust cheeseless pizza, and a pretty nice day with just family. It was pleasant. My sis called to wish me happy birthday, and give me a tip on which vacuum cleaner to get.
I know I'll want to make a big deal of 40, but 38 was not such a big deal. Still, a great day of family life, DH on vacation so we can have him around all day (and he and I still can scarcely sneak any time alone together, darnit!), so that in itself is really nice.
Thanks for the good wishes, and I hope to hear how your birthday goes, soon!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-04-2011 - 9:22am

My birthday is next month. I'll be 35. Its nice to see there are a few of us that are "older" :) I hope you have/had a wonderful Birthday.