Jacob 6 weeks old now

iVillage Member
Jacob 6 weeks old now
Fri, 01-21-2011 - 10:48am

Jacob is 6 weeks and today marks one week out of the NICU!! He is doing really well though my milk dried up so im having to rely on milk donors to keep him on breast milk, thankfully i found some wonderful people that have been helping or will be helping so that his gut doesnt get bombarded with something that doc says will make him bleed and cause problems.. He is still teeny i guess for his age not sure what he weighs may try semi wieghing him on my scale soon today, his doc and insurance is all screwed up they placed him with family practice and they refuse to see him due to his age and issues so i cant get him in till his dad gets off his rear and calls to change him to a pedi.. he hates sleeping alone and will pass out cold soon as you pick him up.. i guess he got tired of always laying down at the NICU..

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-21-2011 - 2:32pm
sorry you are having doc issues! What pain in the rear, especially on top of everything else. I've heard that preemies don't have trouble sleeping on their own till they would be considered "full term". Looks like jacob is following that trend. have you tried swaddling and white noise?

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-21-2011 - 8:26pm

Congratulations on having him home now for a week, and sorry about the mess you are going through because of his father. How wonderful that you have had donor breastmilk! What a blessing! Here's hoping the blessings keep coming your way. You and Jacob could use some!

And you always have a home, and belong, here, as well. No reason you can't be a Peppermint because of when he was born, and a Snow Pea because that's how you started out due. The more, the merrier! :)

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-23-2011 - 2:58pm

yay for being out of the NICU!!! :)

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-23-2011 - 6:04pm
You were on the Feb 06 board?? I didnt post much on the playgroup but they still know me there, i posted after David died but dont get back there to often.. I was due 3-19 that time and had Dylan 2-27

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check