'Last Women Standing": those still pg, this is your spotlight!

iVillage Member
'Last Women Standing": those still pg, this is your spotlight!
Mon, 01-24-2011 - 10:09am

Can we have a show of hands? Who's still pregnant? Would you like to take the stage, since all the focus seems to be on the births and newborns right now?

How far along are you, and what are your appointment updates and/or birth plans? How are you feeling, physically and emotionally? Anything you'd like to say about being the "last women standing"? Are you checking out the February group also, just in case?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member

I haven't posted much since the summer but I'm still waiting.

iVillage Member

Wow, how far along are you, Jen?

Good to hear from you again, and hope you'll keep us posted on your updates and late pregnancy, and then of course, your birth story and new baby when the day comes!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
I am new here and still pregnant. Today was my due date and at midnight I will be officially past it. I try to stay happy but the waiting does take its toll on you you know...... and the people inquiring all the time. Its so annoying.
iVillage Member
That is my least favorite part of going past your EDD... people constantly asking "you're still pregnant? You didn't have that baby yet?!" omfg. Good luck to you guys with keeping your patience!! I was very lucky to be due at the beginning of the month this time so even with going 2+ weeks over, I still had preggo friends around here - but with my first I truly was one of the last women standing, so I know how upsetting it can kind of be to see all the other babies being born.
iVillage Member

Welcome, Overdue, and it's always nice to hear from new members!

If it helps to know this, by LMP dates, my previous child was born at 41 weeks and 5 days, and sk8withk8 can also tell you, she went what, 42 weeks this time? Since the real range for normal human gestation is actually between 38 and 42 weeks, it's a shame that the 40 week mark is still referred to as a "due" date, since all it is, is the midpoint of the 38-42 week range... so women who have their babies in the second half of that range, the "after 40" crowd, are just as normal as women who go before 40, all because when people hear "estimated due date" they tend to shorten it mentally to "due date" which changes the meaning from 'the middle of a 4 week range of estimated dates' to 'the date by which the baby should have already been here'.

The constant questioning from others in real life is why, when I was pregnant this time, I would answer the "so when are you due?" question with "oh, sometime in January" or "between Christmas and Valentine's day, we're not sure" because I did not want to go through the endless rounds of comments on having not had the baby yet.

Best wishes in trying to Gestate in Peace during these last days of your pregnancy, and hoping to get a chance to hear more from you soon!

-Meg