Lets talk about SEX

iVillage Member
Lets talk about SEX
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 1:14am

Anyone else get the urge back after they had their baby? I sleep nude majority of the time because it is just more comfortable. I stopped doing this toward the end of my pregnancy because I didnt want DF to bug me for some. Now that I am almost 9 days pp I have the urge back and I feel like a teenager again. Its really annoying cuz I know we need to wait the 6 weeks and DF has paranoia so he wont even go near me for another 5 weeks. Am I the only one? Is anyone the opposite??

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 8:07am

I had my daughter 12/29/10 by c section - we were originally due 1/14/11 but due to diabetes we went early....I got home new years day -

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 8:09am

Good question!

Actually, I think due to hormone fluctuations, I got both acne, and a few sudden peaks of libido this past week. Since I am still bleeding, there's no way I am even thinking of DTD, but I did "take care of it" myself.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 9:55am

I was ready to go upon leaving the hospital, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 9:56am
Oh HELL no! Haha!

I seriously can't even begin to think about sex right now between having just pushed a baby through my vagina a week ago and now having no vacancy on my boobs because of the hungriest baby in the world. I actually YELLED at my husband when he hinted at something (thanks hormones!) and he said "well you have your boobs hanging out all the time, what am I supposed to think?"... you're supposed to think it's amazing how I'm nourishing a human being, and for free, jackass! Haha

Aaaanyway, I don't think you have to wait the full 6 weeks! I can't remember if you had a c-section or what but I know ladies who've gotten back to business after a week, and after less than a month with a vaginal delivery. That's something I will never understand ;), but tell your DH to stop being such a prude because it's not unheard of!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 5:02pm

With my first i waited the 6 weeks.. with my second more like 4 weeks, with my 3rd 5 days lol.. got preg soon after that even with bc haha.. 4th not sure i had sex for months ex and i split up when he was 12 days old, 5th hmm maybe 2-3 weeks not sure.. 6th.. uhmm he will be 7 weeks tomorrow and seeing as how DF is in Afghanistan LOL im waiting till march

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 5:04pm
We were DTD 9 days post-baby. I felt fine and 6 weeks is kind of an arbitrary guidleine - it is different for everyone. I didn't tear or have an episiotomy so that probably helped too. I had an epi with my ODS and we waited 2 weeks. I think if you are feeling it your body is telling you it is OK to give it a go. Your body wouldn't give you the libido if it was still recovering.
Pregnancy%20ticker