Let's talk baby names!!

iVillage Member
Let's talk baby names!!
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:16pm

At this point a lot of people know if they're brewin a boy or a girl, so what names are you considering or what have you chosen?

We're having a girl and Joe is pretty much set on Leela. It was the name he wanted last time, and I don't dislike it, and this baby sorta does feel Leela-ish, so I think I'm just giving it to him without considering much else :) We CANNOT agree on the spelling though. I really want it to be "Lilas", because it's french for Lilac, and then both my girls could be flower and color names (Violet and Lilas). He wants it to be "Leila", which to me looks like "Lay-La". So if I can't lure him to the French name camp, I'm hoping we can at least compromise on the phonetic spelling. (sidenote: MIL thinks it should be Leighlah. I think that's way too many letters for a short name! Yeesh!)

For middle names, Joe likes Margaret (after his grandmother) and I like Alice. If I can have "Lilas", I'll give him Margaret. Otherwise, he chose Violet's middle name so I should get this one's middle name right?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:33pm

We are going with Christopher Joseph III. After his daddy of course. We were thinking of a nickname since DH goes by Chris, but we can't think of any that will work. There is always the Trey, Tres and Trip names. Trey rhymes with our last name so it is off the table. Our best friends already have a Tres. And DH doesn't like Trip. Then there is the middle name, I thought maybe Joey. DH has a friend named Joey and he says it is a great little kid name, but horrible once you grow up. He says no one takes him seriously and he has started going by Joe, I don't like Joe. So I guess it will just be Chris. It will really be confusing when my FIL is around because he goes by Chris as well, LOL.

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:43pm

There's always Topher!

I'm not really fond of that nickname, but it's an option. Maybe once he's here he'll just look like one of those nicknames and the decision will be made for you!

BabyFetus Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:44pm
LOL, my DH's sister calls him Topher to piss him off. I couldn't do that too him.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 2:52pm

We don't know yet, but hope to find out next week.

We do have the girl name, which will be Norah!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 5:07pm

What about C.J.?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 7:30pm
Our girl will be Mia Carmela (Carmela is a family name) Hurder.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 8:44pm

Our little girl will be named Lily. I love the name, and dh's grandmother was Lillis, so it honors a connection there. We thought we had a middle name but we had to change it as it made her initials spell an unacceptable word. Now we are up in the air about the middle name, but we are leaning toward Morgana.

Should we find out our u/s was somehow in error and we get a boy, he will be Declan Asa. The Irish names are a family tradition.

General Siggy

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

ec btdt mom blinkie

General Siggy

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 10:41pm

Well since we are on girl #4, we are continuing the tradition of 2 syllables and ending in "n". My other girls are Peyton, Karson, & Larkin, so we are throwing around a few names. We both like Jeslyn (I'm just afraid people will say Jess-A-lynn). I like Carlin (dh doesn't), and Jensen (was going to be Larkin's name). I do not like nicknames so I'm afraid of "Jen" with Jensen. If they do shorten Jeslyn to "Jess" at least it's a family name.

We'll come up with something, but it's SO hard to pick a name!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 3:42am
I think Jeslyn is pretty. I dont really see very many people calling her Jes-a-lyn. Plus everyone gets peoples names wrong when they are not common like amanda or emily. My name is Kelsey which isnt common and I ALWAYS get Chelsea but after awhile I got over it and figured people are stupid if they cant hear my k instead of ch lol. Good luck with the names!
Photobucket pregnancy

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-30-2010 - 12:08am
Lol, I'm Chelsea and get Kelsey all the time! :)

chelsea-2

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

chelsea-2

<

Pages