Maybe something is going on.....

iVillage Member
Maybe something is going on.....
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 6:47pm

So I was due according to doc on 12/28, when I got pregnant with charting I had my due date at 01/02 but I'm obviously late for doc's due date.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 7:30pm
Lots of labor vides Rhonda!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 7:55pm

Positive labor vibes your way, Rhonda!

And I don't blame you for not wanting an induction (and you CAN always just say No Thanks, if it comes to it. It's your choice to accept or decline, all they can do is offer and try to persuade) but if you decide to allow yourself to undergo induction anyway, at least you have the peace of mind of knowing that things are more favorable for it if you are obviously about to go into labor anyway.

On the other hand, that would also make it that much more a shame to induce when it was unnecessary. But if anyone has the best chances of an induction working well, it's of course, the woman who doesn't need one anyway because her labor is already underway, so it's a catch-22.

Either way, I hope you do get your wish and beat the induction, or else just say, "No, doc, I changed my mind. I am choosing to go into labor on my own instead" but in any event, positive vibes for a good swift labor whatever you choose,

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 10:39pm

Well Meg, I have mixed feelings about induction.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-01-2011 - 11:06pm
Woo hoo! I hope you're on to something! Get outta there kid!

Pass the labor this way when you're done with it please. I'm about an hour away from being "overdue" and I so don't feel in the mood for that.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-02-2011 - 12:04am

Rhonda,

Didn't mean to come across badly. I have faith with, and for, you and your birth. And the risks of inductions failing are highest when the woman's body isn't ready and from what you've said, you're practically in labor as we speak!

This also isn't your first, which takes the risks down another notch... so please accept my apologies! I am in sympathy with feeling ambivalent about wanting the baby to come on out, and having slight reservations about doing anything to hurry it, but gosh, with what you said you have going on, I practically expect to read your birth story the next time I log in!

Cheering you on, and totally believe you will do great.

-Meg

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-02-2011 - 12:11am

Meg,

I didn't take anything you said with offense.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-02-2011 - 1:53am

Sending you positive labor vibes!

Ashley

Proud wife and babywearing, BFing, homeschooling, CDing, sorta-crunchy WAHM of Monkey (4/2008) and Kangaroo (1/2011), waiting on a new squishy 1/2014