Morning after pill. ( Plan B )

iVillage Member
Morning after pill. ( Plan B )
Fri, 02-11-2011 - 6:37pm

ok so I am 3 and a half weeks PP and 2 days ago me and DF DTD. DF is so worried bout me getting preggo. I had to go to the health dept cuz my cuz they dont have it at my docs office. I looked up side affects of it but cant find any besides it drying up my milk a lil bit. tHe lady at the health dept said I dont even have to take it cuz I am BFing but I got preggo while BFing ODS. I am so not ready for another baby. Anyone else already have to take Plan B pill??

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-11-2011 - 8:02pm

No idea on that, but wishing you well, as it sounds like you are truly petrified! Did your method of prevention fail while in use? If so, please warn everyone else about the brand, etc! It would be awful to be depending on it only to have something like that happen, especially when you say you know you already have a history of getting pregnant right away while breastfeeding?

Best wishes for there not to be anything to worry about in such a case, and keep us posted.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 3:55pm
This early on, while not impossible, it's pretty unlikely that you would have your fertility back while breastfeeding. I got pregnant while breastfeeding as well, but my ODS was 10months, and I had had my period back for awhile. It definitely can happen, but this early on, if you're still breastfeeding around the clock, it's pretty unlikely. Here is some info from planned parenthood on BFing as birth control:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/breastfeeding-4219.htm

Good luck, I wouldn't worry too much ;-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-14-2011 - 4:10pm

Plan B causes breakthrough bleeding and throws off your cycle, along with numerous other things:

http://women.emedtv.com/plan-b/plan-b-side-effects.html

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 2:31am

I got my period back with ODS the day after my 6 week check-up and then got it every month after that on time. My midwife told me I would lose lots of weight and to keep eating the same as I did when I was preggo and the only weight I lost was 20lbs of the 40 I gained :( I dont believe anything they say nowadays cuz it seemed opposite with me lol

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-15-2011 - 7:48pm

I took it once a while ago... didnt get preg so hey guess it worked..

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check