My trip to the ER

iVillage Member
My trip to the ER
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 1:04pm

Well, last night I went to the bathroom and found bright red blood on my underwear. It was just like my regular period. I freaked out and rushed to the ER, had to wait 4 long hours.... and the whole time I knew I was having a miscarriage....I was expecting the worse. BUT I had an ultrasound and saw the baby and the heartbeat...also my cervix was closed and my blood test results came out fine. The doctor that saw me did not know the source of my bleeding and said "it sometimes happens". The bleeding did stop but every time I go to the toilet and I wipe, there is still blood. I guess there's nothing much I can do but hope that everything goes well and that this first trimester ends soon!

Alex.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member
In reply to: mah81
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 1:21pm
I'm glad things look ok! It's always scary when you see bleeding. I went to the ER when I was pg with my DD because of something similar. But, everything turned out just fine. :)
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lots of gluten-free recipes: http://www.glutenfreebeginnings.info
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 1:54pm
(((hugs))) i remember going to the er bleeding when pregnant with my dd. everything turned out fine! and of course i've experienced the same thing this time, but just waited it out on my own. i hate er's and this early on they're just gonna tell you to go home, rest, hydrate, relax and wait it out. ugh! spotting & bleeding is the worst!!!
-Lindsay

*Mommy to sweet Samantha Rosalyn born 8-22-09 and expecting #2 on 1-20-11!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 7:48pm

I've been there! I had to go to the ER at 6 weeks and again at 8 weeks for spotting/bleeding and both times they told me (after being checked out) to go home rest for a few days drink lots of water and relax everything looked fine. Than the last time I went (I had a 2 week battle with a yeast infection that is now gone, awesome!) the doctor told me that sometimes a yeast infection during pregnancy can cause spotting (o.O).

Glad everything is ok! And hope everything stays ok!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:03pm
Oh wow, that is so scary. I have an IV friend who had a similar experience. She is now well into the second trimester and the bleeding has stopped. It actually turned out she had fibroids that were causing the bleeding. So anyway, glad to hear the baby looked ok, I guess this is something that can happen in normal pregnancy. Make sure you get into your OB asap though so they can find out what's really going on. I'll be praying for you!
Photobucket
Lilypie
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:40pm

Wow I guess I'm not the only one! I always thought spotting could be normal but never bright red blood. From what I see many of you have gone through this :(. Thank you all for the positive thoughts!

Alex.

pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:51pm
Are you a celiac? One of my dd's and I were recently diagnosed. Just curious, I saw your link to your blog. I am horrible about following the diet. I definitely have not learned to cook gluten free. I am so interested in learning.