Nervous so my nice doc ordered a beta

iVillage Member
Nervous so my nice doc ordered a beta
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 9:19pm
I've been very nervous about this pregnancy maybe because it was a surprise, or maybe because of losing one a couple of years ago... anyway, I don't see my OB for another two weeks and the wait is just killing me- especially since I know he won't do an ultrasound then so I still have until about 12 weeks to really know things are okay. I'm 7 weeks now. My family doc ordered a couple of betas to make me feel better. Yesterday at exactly 7 weeks it was 49,184. The last one I had done was at just 5 weeks and was 721 so this seems to be good. I'm getting another tomorrow to make sure it's still rising. Then I'll just have to WAIT...
Photobucket

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-03-2010 - 11:20pm
Oh man. I know how you feel! I am so worried about this baby for some reason. Maybe it's b/c my only confirmation is those two lines on a pee stick. Or maybe it's b/c I don't really feel pregnant. I can still eat anything and my boobs are barely sore. I went to my family practitioner today and all he did was feel my uterus from the outside and order a blood test. I get the results tomorrow and I am just sick to my stomach waiting. He has also referred me to an OB of my choosing and will let me know tomorrow when my first appt is. I am crossing everything that the number is good and the appt is ASAP! I really want an u/s just so i can see the little bean and a nice strong heartbeat. Until then, it just won't feel real and I'm gonna keep worrying. So good luck to both of us!!!
-Lindsay

*Mommy to sweet Samantha Rosalyn born 8-22-09 and expecting #2 on 1-20-11!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 9:32am

Good luck to both of you! I won't have an u/s done until I'm 20 wks -- the ONLY u/s they'll do -- so I totally feel your pain. Waiting is a killer, but at least you know your betas and you've got great numbers! DH and I have only talked to a nurse... haven't even met the dr yet! They took some blood at that appointment but said they'll only call if there's a problem. That was a week or so ago, and we never heard from them, so I can only guess that everything's OK. Ugh!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 9:42pm

I barely feel pregnant either. No boob soreness and if I do feel sick it is just until I eat something, then I'm fine.

Good luck to you! Hope your numbers were good!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 10:33pm
Well, I got the results today and it was 7,000 something. I don't remember what exactly because she told me the number after she said "The pregnancy is confirmed and you're about 5 weeks" and I was a little in shock. Only 5 weeks?! By my LMP I'm 7 weeks!!! I do have longer cycles - usually 35 days - so I can reason with being 6 weeks, but 5 weeks??? Now I'm just worried!!! I have to wait for my insurance to approve a referral before I can even schedule an appt with an OB, so my regular doc said I could do another beta if it would make me feel better. I said "YES!" so I am going tomorrow for another blood draw. Won't get the results till Monday though. So now I get to be worried all weekend. Fun! And the worst news is that if I really am only 5 weeks than it's no wonder I don't feel awful yet. It didn't hit me until week 6 with my DD. Luckily, it only lasted till week 9. I'm just hoping to avoid feeling like crap altogether!!
-Lindsay

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 9:01am

Oh, I hope the weekend goes fast for you!
You could easily be 6 weeks with that number. Check out this chart:
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

If you don't know exactly when you ovulated (I don't) then it's hard to know for sure when you conceived and things could be a little off. That second number should tell a lot. As long as it's going up things should be fine. I had my second draw yesterday and have to wait until Monday too.

Hang in there!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 10:38am

Thanks! It's so different with this time. With my DD I knew the EXACT day we conceived because I was charting and got a + HPT at only 3 weeks & 3 days. I was sent in for a beta immediately and my first # was 25. Haha. I had two more draws and then an ultrasound at 5 weeks & 4 days.

This time, I got a + HPT on cycle day 39 after getting negatives on cycle days 29 & 32. And then we were out of town, so I couldn't get an appt until this past week. So getting a blood draw this late is a little weird and not knowing when we conceived is kinda driving me NUTS! I am guessing I am 6 weeks. It seems from that chart that 7,000 something would be high for 5 weeks anyhow. I just want to get into an OB an get an u/s already! I know that's the best way to get an idea of when this little bean is due!

I hope the weekend passes quickly for both of us & that our beta #'s are FANTASTIC on Monday! Make sure you check in with me and tell me what it is!! *Fingers crossed* & ~doubling vibes~ for us both!!!!

-Lindsay