No way! But yes, he's teething!

iVillage Member
No way! But yes, he's teething!
Fri, 03-04-2011 - 8:40pm

James just turned 2 months, and darned if he isn't drooling profusely, chomping down hard on things, having times when nothing comforts him (usually such a placid baby) and a terrible red welty rash on his otherwise never rashy bottom. Plus I noticed he felt unusually hot especially on his head the last few days...I can hardly believe it, but am accepting that he's teething. I can see the pale shapes of the incisors through the gums on the upper jaw, and the gums are very hard and ridgy, and he likes to chomp down really hard on my knuckle.

The bad news is, just because he's teething now, doesn't mean he'll cut a tooth now. It could go on like this for months before the first tooth...or not. We'll just have to see.

Luckily, he's a sweet-tempered little thing in general, so it's not the worst thing I've ever been through by a long shot. But I also never went through it before, with my 3 year old son presenting his own unique challenges at the same time. Last time I had a teething

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2011 - 10:27pm

Poor little James!

Jennifer . . baby
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-04-2011 - 11:22pm
aww :( seems so early to be teething :( poor sweet lil guy.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-05-2011 - 9:07pm
Funny enough... Damien is doing the EXACT same thing! I just didn't know that is what that meant... how are his gums supposed to feel? His have ridges and bulges which I assumed was his teeth underneath
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 5:27pm
We have drool too. Not biting everything but a definite uptick in drool as well as being a little out of sorts. Sebastian is rubbing his eyes but not chewing the hands

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 8:07pm
Hard and ridgy/bulgy is what James' are too, and that along with a lot of drooling and chomping, fuss, and the rest, sounds like early teething to me! The heck of it is, you just can't tell how long from onset it will be before the first tooth comes through. Could be long, could be short...just because teething started is no guarantee that it will progress at any particular rate. Ah well, time to freeze clean damp washcloths for them to chew. I just got done not too long ago, with James howling for about an hour unless I bounced him and gave him my knuckle to munch on. He worked those hard ridgy gums on it big time. This too shall pass, and before you know it they'll be nonstop talking 3 year olds, and then saucy 6 year olds, and then dating... Hard to imagine, huh?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-06-2011 - 11:13pm
Very!! We gave him some thicker pacis to gnaw on lol as well as many many knuckles lol
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-16-2011 - 8:31am

Joining you ladies with the teething.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-21-2011 - 10:17am

wow can't believe we already have babies teething!!! time is passing so fast i can't believe Justice is 9 weeks old already!