Ordered my amber teething necklace today!

iVillage Member
Ordered my amber teething necklace today!
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 4:18pm
Ok, I can't resist baby stuff that is natural and might help .M has been super drooly, so I think she might be starting to teethe.so I ordered one today. Anybody else order crazy stuff?

Here is a swaddle I tried (and returned). http://truewomb.com/ it was just crazy. Too hot, too much Velcro, and too expensive. It didn't work for DD either, so I sent it back and got another 10$ swaddle me!

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 3:02pm
I think I'm going to get a Vulli Sophie the Giraffe. My husband isn't too keen on the necklace for our son, so the giraffe will work just fine! Hopefully it will help cus my poor baby is miserable.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 3:12pm
We have sophie! DD1 never liked her and so far DD2 hasn't shown any interest either. The vulli chan pi gnon is often cheaper than Sophie and they are essentially the same. We have both

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 9:05pm

My DH had misgivings also about the teething necklace, and it was because of that, that I took it off, and then saw what real teething was like! Sadly, the amber teething necklace has disappeared, and probably my 3 year old son stuffed it into a crack somewhere or dropped it down the toilet or something else horrible, but I'm holding out hope it will turn up. I did learn that the lighter and more opaque the amber, the more succinic acid it exudes, and saw that the "butter" colored teething amber at various sites was sold out...looked like pale yellow opaque pearls of butter. Pretty, not exactly boyish, but hey, I got what I got, that is, if I ever find it again. James is now soaking through bibs and clothing, he drools so much!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 3:25am
I ordered a pale raw amber from amazon. I wish it was here! Although it looks like we had a short bout with teething and now a break. They also say moms can wear them and there are benefits for breastfeeding, so I may try it.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-23-2011 - 5:51pm
I need to check out the amber. We are picking up on the drool yet again!

For swaddles, I do still have a swaddle me but Sebastian can break out. I ended up loving the Woombie. It looks ridiculous but it is absolute magic...consistent 6+ hours at a stretch. Great since I went back to work a week and a half ago. I think he actually wants to sleep thru but I won't let him until we get a little more settled with bottles at the DCP. He is still very much a nursing guy!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility