Quick update

iVillage Member
Quick update
Sat, 12-18-2010 - 12:48am

Well, finals are over as of 6 hours ago- what a relief! I feel like this huge weight has been taken off my shoulders. I'm now 36 weeks and I'm dilated to 3cm and 75% effaced. Today Andrew spent most of his day trying to look at my bladder cells- good grief, he definitely dropped some more! I'm slowly getting out of bedrest, but found at the beginning of last week I was constantly getting lightheaded. I called my OB, who told me to call my cardiologist because I was also starting to have heart palpitations and loss of breath while laying down or doing nothing. They had me come in for an emergency appt last thursday to make sure my heart was still in normal sinus rhythm, which it was. They put me on a second heart medication to stop the palpitations and lower my heart rate. I've been feeling better since then, which was how I made it through finals this week. I don't think I have much time left since I've progressed quickly in the last 2 weeks. My body is pretty much done, and my heart is having a hard time holding everything up so I'm hoping to deliver within the next week.
I'm taking next semester off school (I really don't want to do it but I don't need another mental breakdown like this semester), and I'll be pretty bored, so I'm hoping that once the craziness of the holidays settle down, I'll make longer stops on here. I just wanted to let you know I was still alive and kicking heehee

I see a lot of the twins have delivered, and including Devon's baby- I couldn't believe how pink he looked!!! I'm impressed. I hope everyone is doing well and that you all have a Merry Christmas, Hannukah or however you like to celebrate the Holidays!

Super Mom Pictures, Images and Photos

iVillage Member
In reply to: silvia86
Sat, 12-18-2010 - 8:49am

Sorry your having such a hard time girl and hope it gets better soon and you can deliver!! Yea Jacob was born at 33 weeks after my water broke, things are going well but right now hes having some heart issues he keeps having brady's which are normal with preemies but has had two where his heart just stopped i was there yesterday for one of them and it scared the crap out of me.

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-18-2010 - 9:22pm
I'm glad you're taking off next semester. I know you might be bored but I think you could really use it after the stress of this semester + pregnancy + this new heart thing! I can't wait to read that Andrew is here and to see pictures of him!
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-19-2010 - 7:49am

Congrats on making it through finals, Silvia!

And I'll be thinking of you as you approach this birth... keep us posted on how things go! Positive thoughts to you!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com