In reply to: mama_misquez
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 7:40am
What a unique and cute idea. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 8:32am
My friend who is going to throw my shower in November wanted to do this too. It is a really good idea but there is no way on this green earth I will be able to keep my mouth shut for that long lol!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 10:25am

I really really wanted to do this but when we found out it was a girl, I wanted to go to the nearest high rise and scream from the top of the building (other than being afraid of being higher than floor 2, thanks 9/11) I think it would only work if you didn't find out at the ultrasound, had the U/S tech put it in an envelope and never look at it until you get the cake made!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-09-2010 - 11:05pm

That is a cute idea!
Cute tag name, too!

Me, I am going to find out the gender (the plan, anyway) by looking and seeing right after the birth. I hope I get to discover it without anyone else announcing it verbally. My DH and midwife will respect that for sure, but my 6 year old and soon-to-be 3 year old may not have the impulse control, if they are awake when the baby comes.

Still, love the cake idea.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 12:35am
YEA. We find out tomorrow. I wish I
Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-10-2010 - 8:56pm
hahaha, sex party :) I know two girls that do big gender reveals like that. I hope next time they have babies they send out invitations to their "Sex Party" instead of their "Gender Reveal Party"! That's too funny!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-12-2010 - 1:22am
LOL! Good job on the title! I bet it got all the moms on here clicking on your thread to see what it was all about!
That is a cute idea! If I had time and money, and hadn't told anyone what the gender was, I would totally do it!

Super Mom Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket

blinkiesPhotobucketStudying.gif image by foxymomof3

Super Mom Pictures, Images and Photos