The Snowpeas are turning 2!

iVillage Member
The Snowpeas are turning 2!
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 2:22pm

Happy Birthday to all the Snowpeas who have turned, or are turning 2!

Can you share a recent pic, and tell us their interesting stats?

What do they love? What do they really not like?

Anything funny they are saying or doing?

And how do you feel about having a 2 year old?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-03-2013 - 4:27pm

We had Trey's 2 year checkup a couple of days ago.  Thought I would share some stats.  He weighs 31 lbs!!  I knew he was heavy!!  He is in the 70 precentile for weight and 90 percentile for height.  Doc said everything looks great with him.  They were very pleased, as am I, with his speech development.  He fell behind because he could hear due to fluid in his ears.  Now he is using 2 and 3 word phrases, using pronouns, counts to 12, sings his abcs and tons of other songs!!  Anyone else have their checkup yet??

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 10:53pm

Oh, and congrats, Ashley, to your hubby on his PhD adventures, and to you on your homeschooling adventures, along with LLL leadership, AND a babywearing group? I don't know how you manage. (admiration) We're finding our feet on the homeschool journey too, but I am realizing it changes from day to day, season to season, year to year, and child to child. Nothing I thought I knew before, necessarily applies tomorrow. I love the smiles! What a happy family, and how nice to see. Thanks again!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 10:50pm
That pulled pork sounds amazing, and what a dedicated Dad! It's nice to hear about Trey and how he is coming along. I bet he'll be so in love with his little sister, but also need a lot of lap-time and reassurance that he's still your baby, too. The picture makes me think of how my Michael was at that age...BIG and blonde. THanks a million for posting the pic, and also telling us about how he's doing, and how you are. Blessings on your upcoming birth and the adventure into a fuller nest! I know that when you're expecting another one, you're really busy with life, and also more connected with the expecting board that pertains to the one on the way, so hearing from you is even more appreciated. Best wishes in 2013, and I hope you'll check in and let us know how things are going as you get ready to welcome your second child into the family! Trey sounds like such a cool little toddler!

-Meg

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2013 - 10:40pm
Oh my gosh, of course I remember you, Ashley! So thrilled to hear from you again! And I absolutely loved seeing the pics of your family and you. Love those hammocks. You've been up to a lot since we last heard from you, and I hope we don't lose touch altogether!

-Meg

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:11am

Trey will be 1 on the 19th.  We are busy planning a big Mickey Mouse birthday cookout for him.  My DH plans to get up at 2 am (yikes) to start the pork on the smoker for pulled pork for the party.  

He was 31 lbs last time I weighted him, and I can't even begin to guess how tall, but he is solidly in 3t shirts now and wears 3t pants but they are just a little bit long.

He goes to Preschool 2 mornings a week and absolutely loves it.  He has to hug and kiss his teachers before we leave.  He was delayed in his speach due to fluid in his ears as a baby.  We had tubes put in at 15 months and he is now catching up to his peers.  He even uses some short 2-3 word sentences.  They are not necessarily gramatically correct, but he tries.  The funniest of them yet has been "I no Poop!" in response to my asking him if he did.

He HATES veggies, lol.  But mos 2 year olds do.  That is really the only thing he is picky about.  He normally eats what I give him.  He has learned to ask for what he wants and that helps a lot.  

Trey will be a big brother in April.  I hope that goes well for us!  He is going to have a little sister named Megan. I can't wait to see them grow together!

Hopefully my pictures post.  One of them is Trey playing on his new swingset that he got for Christmas.  The other is him all dressed up for his school pictures.

Attachment: 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 11:01pm

Here are the pictures:

Taken last night-Kangaroo wearing Dale (from Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers) in his brother's kiddo Kinderpack

Breaking in my BBSlen wrap next to his brother Monkey in a Girasol hammock (Heaven's Love) in November

Our whole family at a church Halloween party just before Halloween

And one more-in the hoodie I made (I'm a WAHM knitter with a Hyena Cart business :) ) in September-don't be fooled it wasn't cold here yet but I had to get pictures back to the pattern designer so she could release the pattern :)

Hoping you're all well!  We're hoping we will have a 2013 or 2014 baby to add to the mix here.  Hubby is getting ready to take his oral exam in the spring to be officially officially working towards his PhD-he finished all of his classes in December.  I'm keeping busy WAHMing and homeschooling Kangaroo's older brother Monkey and being a LLL leader.  I also started a babywearing group locally last spring and I love watching it grow and helping parents be able to wear their babies.

Ashley

Proud wife and babywearing, BFing, homeschooling, CDing, sorta-crunchy WAHM of Monkey (4/2008) and Kangaroo (1/2011), waiting on a new squishy 1/2014

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:47pm

I know I haven't been here in a long long time-I had a hard time getting used to the changes on the board when iVillage changed :(.  I just wanted to share a couple pictures of my little man (I used to refer to him as Baby K and now call him Kangaroo online because he isn't much of a baby).  He'll turn 2 on the 14th :(.  I don't know if you remember me but I do remember you.  I remember being excited that we had a lot in common-cloth diapers, breastfeeding, crunchy stuff, etc.  Sorry I don't frequent here!  If the picture(s) don't work I'll upload them on photobucket and post them through that.

Ashley

Proud wife and babywearing, BFing, homeschooling, CDing, sorta-crunchy WAHM of Monkey (4/2008) and Kangaroo (1/2011), waiting on a new squishy 1/2014