Toddlers. Eek!

iVillage Member
Toddlers. Eek!
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 8:57pm

Leela is starting with the temper tantrums WAY earlier than Violet did.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 9:01am

Jacob screeches when he doesn't get his way.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-07-2012 - 11:49pm
DS threw his first inconsolable toddler tantrum today... because after fifteen (yes 15) MINUTES of him climbing up and down the stairs, I needed to go and picked him up. Not even a boob consoled him.

Here is hoping he sleeps tonight, Lord knows I need some sleep. That's a different thread...
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 6:52am
We call that the "temper turtle" stage, because this young, it's like they are little turtles on their backs who need help to get back up. James' face will crumple and he will look horrified if someone takes something from him. We try never to just grab from him, because he interprets it so badly. We do substitutions and distractions. If I need to get scissors from him, I hand him something else even more fun and interesting, to the other hand, and he barely notices losing the scissors. Of course, in an emergency, I would grab, but we try not to. He's too little to understand that it's not just his bigger family members bullying him, so we try to avoid doing it that way.

But yes, toddlerdom is the Next Level, and just when you think you know what to expect because you've BTDT, the next kid has her own personality and things aren't the same as they were last time. Keeps life interesting, doesn't it?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com