Ugh, really, AF already?

iVillage Member
Ugh, really, AF already?
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:06pm
Well, my period is back. I am so sad. I got almost a year after DD 1 was born. I have had some spotting here and there, so I figured something was happening.

Great story. I had some spotting Sunday. DD woke up at 1 am (30 minutes after I was asleep) screaming and crying bc she peed the bed. I am trying to keep her quiet so she doesn't wake the baby. Th baby starts screaming. My husband is outside fixing something on the deck bc th photographer from the real estate agency is coming the next day. Get everyone settled back to bed, go to the bathroom, and voila! There she is, AF. Ugh. Really? So, so bummed. It is a short flow, just spotting today, so I don't think I am actually fertile yet. But ijust thought I would get more time.

How are the rest of you doing? Has the hag returned?

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:52pm

She sure has.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:42am
I didn't breastfeed, but I got mine at just 4 weeks postpartum. I even made sure and asked my doctor if that was normal, and unfortunately it is!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 10:52am
Sorry to hear it, Amanda. Sounds like you had a heck of a week. I have the opposite issue...Af came back for real after DD was 1 year old (but I did have some postpartum spotting they thought was AF but it wasn't), but then after DS1, it was 2 years (!) with no AF after he was born! Both were totally breastfed...but with DS1, I thought menopause was here! Then poof, as soon as AF was back, this one got conceived, but when and even whether AF will reappear is anyone's guess.

I have cramped a few times like it was coming, but never any spotting, and I'm just as glad if we get through the first year without AF...but if we round the 2nd year with no AF, that's when I start getting anxious. I am 38, so it's not totally shocking if perimenopause has started.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 2:06pm

AF came back for me 28 days after Jett's birth, it was crazy.

Jennifer . . baby