Using a breast pump to induce labor??

iVillage Member
Using a breast pump to induce labor??
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 3:45am

Ok ladies, I am desperate to get this baby out. I will be 37 weeks on saturday and I am scared this baby is going to be big. I feel him up a lot higher than I did with my first son and I am completely miserable being pregnant this time around. It doesnt help that my DS#1 was only 9 months when

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 11:36am
I am with you. I just turned 37 weeks yesterday and I am sooooooo done with this pregnancy. I have heard that nip stim and accupuncture are the best ways to naturally start dilating. I would assume a breast pump would do the same thing as you doing it yourself so i'd say it can't hurt anything. have you had a cervix check? Have you dialated any? From what I have read, nothing will work until your body starts dialating a bit on it's own anyways.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 9:52pm
I think you have to do it for 15-20 minutes 5 times a day for it to actually be effective, but I agree with pp that it's one of the few things I've heard actually helps to naturally "induce". I have no idea how long it takes, but good luck!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2011 - 10:52pm

I tried for about 5 mins on each breast and it started hurting too much.

Photobucket THANKS TO Bab
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 11:59am

I know how it is to be uncomfy and tired of being preggo but you have time and when its over you will want the belly back.. Nip Stim should be monitored by docs since it can cause very hard long and strong contractions that can affect the baby.. castor oil makes you have runny bowels and can make the baby pass a bm inside.. id try something that cant cause issues but if i were you id give it another week or to, because while baby is "term" there could be more issues than if you went to 38 or 39.. give it time one thing about preg you know it has to end sometime

Devon mom to Audrianna Abiah Gabryl 10, Tristan Lynn Montgomery 9, Montana Anthonie Dalton 7, Dylan Micheal Mackinnon 6, Liberty Ann May 3, and Jacob Alan David16m born 12/9/10 7 weeks early but holding strong! Jacob was born with Gastroschisis, Check

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-10-2011 - 7:53am
Just a quick reply - induction methods don't actually work until your body is ready. It sucks, believe me, I know! I was 37 weeks on Sat, too. However, I'm in a different boat, as I'm perfectly happy to stay pregnant, as the thought of another baby is scaring the crap out of me (I know it will be fine as soon as he's here, though). With my DD, I was so anxious for her to come out! I tried everything - walking, sex, spicy food, sex, pineapple (except that I went off of it after the first bite), more walking, sex, sex, and more sex. the only thing I ever got was an hour of contractions after sex, and that wasn't until 41+4. When I went to be induced at 42 weeks, I was still 0cm and 0% effaced.

I can understand how difficult it is, but it's best to be patient. Keep walking, scrub all of your non-carpeted floors and don't give up! No woman has ever been pregnant forever and I'm positive you're not going to start a new record.

Love Megs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers