Visiting from Jan 2012 board - BundleMe question

iVillage Member
Visiting from Jan 2012 board - BundleMe question
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 11:14am

Hi there ladies,

I'm visiting you from the Jan 2012 board. I'm starting to think about things I'll need for our 2nd baby. One of them is a carseat cover for cold weather (our first was born in May). Just wondering what you had that you liked if you're in a cold climate. As someone near Chicago, I'm sure I'll need SOMETHING just not sure if I need the full "BundleMe" that goes all over baby and carseat or the JJCole Car seat cover that's more of a "shower cap" cover that is elastic that goes around the carseat. Hrmmm.. am I explaining this right? Here's links:

Just cover: http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Seat-Cover-Khaki/dp/B003ZUXQXU/ref=sr_1_9?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1315926722&sr=1-9

The BundleMe: http://www.amazon.com/JJ-Cole-Original-Infant-Bundle/dp/B00009VE5O/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1315926722&sr=1-1

Any thoughts? We'll mostly be going from house to car as I don't live in the city.

Thanks!

Sig for PJs

Thanks to Melinda for the cutie-p
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 3:42pm
We have the "shower cap" style cover that I loved with both girls. I stuck a receiving blankets or two on their lower half if we were going to be outside more than a few minutes and it was really cold. We got something similar but a different brand from Target or Walmart for $16, with a zipper and face flap.

I can't tell exactly how the BundleMe works, but it's recommended by carseat nazis that you not use any products that come between the baby and the carseat because it keeps you from getting the straps as tight as possible. Honestly I don't know how much that really thin layer of material could really affect the snugness more than a sweater or whatever, but I've always gone by that rule anyway!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-13-2011 - 4:54pm
Oh also, CONGRATS! I forgot that I was PREGNANT this time last year and preparing for this little thing crawling around and terrorizing my house! It seems so long ago now.