weird! calculator: did the moon phase go with birthing, for you?

iVillage Member
weird! calculator: did the moon phase go with birthing, for you?
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 8:46pm

This US Navy moon phase calculator shows a Virtual Pic of the moon as it would look on any date, including time zone, that you care to enter. There's an urban legend that full moons, or else (the one I heard) new moons (dark of the moon) have more births. Obviously, scheduled cesareans, or any induced labors, would not signify. But the weird thing for me and my info was, my mother was born in the dark of the moon, central time, I was born (in the Pacific) during the dark of the moon. My two spontaneous labors and births so far, were also in the dark of the moon. My DH (also spontaneous labor and birth) also dark of the moon. But my grandmother, and my FIL were apparently born during full moons, as was my sister.

The only birth in my family that wasn't either the full moon or the dark of the moon, that I knew the exact dates, times, and locations, was my DD, who was induced at 38 weeks, and she was delivered on

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Me and my girls were all 3 different. That's cool that so many in your family were born in the dark of the moon!
iVillage Member

My brother and I were both born under a full moon.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Jett and I were both born on the dark phase of the moon.

Jennifer . . baby