Well, at least I'm not alone this time!

iVillage Member
Well, at least I'm not alone this time!
Mon, 01-03-2011 - 10:08pm

When I went 9 days "overdue" with Violet, it was at the end of the month and there were barely any others around... everyone was off playing with their newborns and occasionally popped in to talk about diapers or feeding or [not] sleeping, while I was still complaining about

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:26am

Yes! I'm not even due for another 3 weeks and everytime people see me i hear "haven't you had that baby yet?!" ...it's super annoying!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 9:10am

I am right there with you but in different ways.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 10:21am
well, not overdue yet, but since DD came a week early and I am now past that, everyone is bugging me. It doesn't bother me actually, I kinda like it! Not like last time when I was working and got sick of the comments, this time it is moslty close friends or family and since they all know "how I do things" I don't hav to repeat my story, etc. So I feel your pain, but at least you know the end is in sight. It can only be what? 2 more weeks at the most??? That's doable. I keep having trouble imagining that I *could* be holding a newborn tomorrow. That seems more unreal than the waiting for those contractions to get started!!

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 10:44am

bfg27,

My EDD is Jan 29th and it is my first also, so you won't be here alone!

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 12:54pm

I am not due until January 9th but I totally hear you. I went 2 weeks early with my first so I and everyone else expected that again but not the case. Then it wasn't helped by a false labor night in the hospital which turned out to just be too much company over the holidays and not enough eating, drinking or sleeping. I thought having my family over over the holidays would be great because they would help out but didn't turn out to be the case, everyone still expected to be waited on plus I had to still look after my almost 2 year old while trying to cook all the meals and keep my house clean. Fluids and a nights stay in the hospital fixed me right up and here I am only a few days from my due date. Oh did I mention that my Dad put it on facebook so everyone thought I was having the baby and now everyone is really shocked I am still pregnant. I am getting constant facebook msg's and texts asking if there is any changes, or any baby yet? Today I took my toddler to the kiddie pool for a couple of hours and squatted in the water the whole time hoping somehow this would help haha. I think my biggest reason for wanting to not be pregnant anymore is just to get people to leave me alone haha. Plus it was disappointing to get all psyched up that I was going to meet him and then not. I am happy that hopefully this little guy will be getting bigger in there since his brother was only 6 lbs 7 ounces and seemed so very tiny to me.

siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 3:37pm
I'm due the 15th but everyone at work is still wondering why I'm even there! If I can work, then I'm going to work! Why waste PTO?! But I get to be induced on Friday, so I"m super excited!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 8:44pm
I'm not overdue yet but there's like a daily watch at work. Today the CEO asked me if I was tired of everyone walking by and asking if I was "still here." Nice that he noticed that it was annoying since he's one of the few who doesn't ask. I'm just worried this is turning into giant baby with DH's giant head though!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility