What are your Halloween plans, for those who do Halloween?

iVillage Member
What are your Halloween plans, for those who do Halloween?
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 12:55pm

We've figured out a solution to the fact that my kids can't eat the candy if they join the massive trick-or-treat extravaganza on a seriously decorated street in our town that draws thousands. 

We're just going to have a Halloween party at our house every year, and they can invite their friends, and everything will be things my kids can eat! Trick-or-treaters who come to the door (we don't get many, because they mostly go to that one street, but we get enough to keep things fun) can have a choice of Halloween pencils, or else I will probably have a bowl of regular candy, who knows. The stuff my kids can have is either going to be homemade, or expensive, so I am not handing that out!

My daughter who just turned 8, wants to be a toilet paper mummy, though we'll have to be creative about making that a comfortable indoor-party costume. My son is happy about the racecar driver getup I found for him, and the Snow Pea...I don't know, I might just go with a comfy Halloween tshirt and some sweat pants.

I'll be the usual halloween elegant witch, with a crushe velvet cape and fancy hat, sweeping skirt, etc. 

We can't do anything actually scary with a toddler in the house but we can do fun, which is the point anyway.

What's everyone else doing?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member

Sounds like fun! Hope you'll post pics of Trey's costume!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member

She's doing great.  She's gaining, latches and eats well, and is a very calm and content baby.  She sleeps in my stepdad's arms right now during the day (he's leaving today after only being here for 5 days), so I'm paying for it at night.  I don't have the heart to change it though.  I'd like him to enjoy every minute.  She'll get back into a routine.  As for me, I was released from the hospital after only 2 days (had a c-section) and felt great from the start.  My recovery was much quicker this time around than with Jacob.  Probably due to chasing a toddler the whole time.  Lol.  I don't have time to slow down.  :smileywink:

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Trey will dress up, but I'm not sure yet what he will be.  We will take him trick or treating just to a few houses of people we know well.  Then we will sit in the driveway with our neighbors and hand out cany to all the neighborhood kids.  I love halloween.  My favorite part is seeing all the kids dressed up!

iVillage Member
Oh, I don't blame you, with a 3 week old baby! How is little Jamilyn? And how are you?

-Meg

iVillage Member

No idea, lol. My parents will be in town as of Saturday and one of the girls asked if "Oma" can go with them to look for costumes.  Works for me, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
We're going to be members of the Wizard of Oz. My oldest is going to be then Tin Man, my Snow Pea is going to be the lion, and our baby girl is going to be Dorothy (we've already got the sparkly red shoes!) I, of course am going to be an ugly green witch (my oldest son assigned that one!) My nephew is going to be the scarecrow, so we should have a pretty interesting trick or treat group! Ronan is obsessed with all things Halloween, but he's a little shy, so we'll see how he takes to trick or treating. We only go to a few houses, but it takes us quite a while, haha.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers