What Is Your Snow Pea Getting For Christmas?

iVillage Member
What Is Your Snow Pea Getting For Christmas?
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 3:07pm

I'm pretty stumped as to a good gift idea for Ronan. He's definitely got enough toys for 10 kids, and I'd like to think of something different to get him. He's really into drawing, painting, and "reading", so I'm trying to find good options that won't require too much clean up! I've been looking everywhere for a Magna Doodle like I had when I was a kid, but those are extremely difficult to find in stores where we live. Ronan is a pretty quiet, quirky kid, and he loves pretty much anything I get him, so I don't think he'll be too disappointed with whatever I come up with.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 1:00am

Amazon for the magnadoodle!  I'm thinking about replacing ours for Leela's birthday because it's seen better days.  Also, don't bother with the aquadoodle.  It sucks.

Leela is getting a doll stroller and car seat (she's such a little mommy!) and some Socker Boppers to fend off her big sister! :)  

Another cool idea is a trampoline.  We have a big yard so we're looking for a big one for outside, but they also make smaller ones (about 6 foot high and only 4-5 feet wide) that you can use inside, or another cool thing I saw was a triangle shaped 1-person trampoline so you can put it in a corner!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 7:58am

Trey is getting a swing set!  I'm so excited to see what he does.  He is also getting  a toy lawnmower that blows bubbles and some Mega Bloks.  We didn't have any outside toys so that is what we focused on for Christmas.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-08-2012 - 1:38pm

Totoro hardcover book with gorgeous illustrations because he actually ASKED for such a thing and then I looked online and found one

Paddington Bear book

Oil pastels because he's obsessed with drawing and painting (I never in a million years expected THAT from one this young...but we do have real artistic talent on both sides of the family, so maybe it's something special about him)

Other ideas are anything Thomas (he calls it "choo choo" or "jinjin" for engine) and anything Ball or stuffed animal.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com