What's everyone busy with these days?

iVillage Member
What's everyone busy with these days?
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 9:24am

How many are busy with new babies? Older kids?

New jobs, going back to school, changes in relationship status? 

What's up?

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:13am

I have 7 weeks left until my scheduled c-section.  The addition has technically been started (we have the pad built up and the next step is the slab).  In the meantime, I'm trying to declutter and make room for baby as things currently stand.  That means adding her to our already overcrowded bedroom.  I've already stripped the cloth diapers and put them in the closet.  I will do a final wash just before her arrival.  I've borrowed a bassinet, but I need to get the bedding washed.  All her clothes have been washed, but need to be folded and put away.  I still don't have a car seat, but MIL is buying us an infant seat.  She also mentioned throwing me a family shower, but I have yet to hear anymore about it.  I do still need to get my swing and bouncy seat from camp and get those washed.  Other than that, it's just trying to get the house decluttered, cleaned and in order before her arrival.  The girls are with their Dad this whole week, so hopefully I can make some progress.  I did manage to get all the peas picked, but the beans have me overwhelmed, lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2012 - 4:23pm
I am definitely busy with babies! Delaney will be 4 months old tomorrow, and Killian and Ronan are at this stage where they do nothing but fight each other (seriously- they don't do anything but fight!) I'm thinking about starting to sort of do a homeschool pre-school with my oldest, just so he has some sort of idea of how it will go when he starts actually being homeschooled, and I know Ronan will be just fine if I give him some paper and crayons, so we'll see how that goes. We're out of a car for now-we found out a transmission can actually explode! I had all three kids and my younger brother in the car with me, and it just sort of exploded and then died, so we're homebound until that gets fixed. At least I can get caught up on all the laundry these kiddos produce-I totally feel bad for never doing laundry when I lived at home now, haha!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

I wish I could say there was a new baby here, but no luck on the TTC front.  We've be busy with work work work.  I work at a clinic providing behavior services to autistic children and we are right in the middle of summer camp.  I have 3 wonderful little ones in my class.  I love my kiddos but I'm ready to get back to our normal schedule!!  Summer camp at work has meant putting Trey in childcare.  We have 2 babysitters that come to the house and keep him on different days.  He absolutley loves them, but it is really expensive and I'm working just to pay for childcare right now.  This fall, he will go back to work with me :smileyhappy:  That is about all that's going on here.

iVillage Member
Plaid, you do have your hands full! And here I was feeling sorry for myself because my dishwasher won't latch (works, if I want the floor flooded) but no transportation is way harder. Our homeschooling status is in flux, but that's a separate post.
I agree with how much easier it is to get caught up with housework when you don't have the option to do anything else...my DH accidentally took my keys today, so I did more housework than usual.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
Jennifer, I am sorry about the difficulty with TTC. The emotional roller coaster is terrible. Please know that you have a shoulder and an ear (actually, several!) here on the Snow Pea Board, and we are all rooting for you. HUGS!

-Meg

iVillage Member

Well I have been busy with a newborn and my snowpea and two older children.  My older boys are about ready to head back to school and I will be heading back to work next week after a very loooooooooooooong 12 week maternity leave.  I thought it might be enjoyable to be home with the kids for the summer but I really do miss being social with adults!?  I love my children more than anything in the world but I was not cut out to be a SAHM.  Other than that nothing new here, daydreaming of buying a new house but can't get my DH on board with that.  I just want something that is updated.  The market right now in Denver is awesome for buyers, not so much for sellers so we wouldn't have an easy time selling our house (or getting what we want for it.)  We have a big house to accomodate us right now so it's not too terrible. 

Photobucket