What's your favorite holiday?

iVillage Member
What's your favorite holiday?
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 9:24am

I CAN.NOT.FREAKING.WAIT. for Thanksgiving!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 11:35am
My fav is Thanksgiving too. We get to see all of our family, have good food, and no presents to buy!! This year it is extra special because my DH and I get to meet our new little nephew. He is 5 days old today!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 7:59am

I love Christmas.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 10:46am

I'm not sure what my favorite holiday is, I used to love Christmas and Thanksgiving but since being married and having to coordinate events with 3 different families it's really difficult.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 2:14pm
My DH's fave has always been Thanksgiving, too. He always loved the getting together with family, and the food, traveling to see relatives he loved. I never had that because we basically had no relatives (my mom was an only, and we weren't close to my father's side even if they had been in the same state), so we didn't see anyone, and my mom was a terrible cook on top of it, so I never cared much for Thanksgiving, until now. Now I love it because I love cooking, but am really glad if we aren't invited to anyone else's house, partly because my kids can't have dairy, egg, soy, almond, chocolate, strawberry, artificial colors, and cinnamon (if you combine all their allergies) so what's the point? We can't eat anyone else's food anyway!

My favorite is still Christmas, running neck-and-neck with Halloween. Halloween is more fun for me, because I have always been a Halloweenie, but Christmas is more meaningful and personally moving.

But if this Christmas turns out anything like last, I am swearing off Christmas! My sister announced as a surprise, that she already bought plane tickets and is coming for THREE weeks this time, and staying through New Year as well as James' first birthday. If we can find a way for everyone to get away from each other and have some much-needed peace and privacy, so that DH and the kids and I get to have our own special time together without anyone who isn't part of our household, on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Morning, etc, that will be good.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-16-2011 - 3:41pm
4th of July is my #2! They put off fireworks directly across the street from my house, so we have a big party and Joe makes the bessssst burgers, and then everyone sits out on the front porch and watch the fireworks shoot off. Ah!! Now I can't wait for that either haha