Who's dating? (Even if you are married)

iVillage Member
Who's dating? (Even if you are married)
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 2:34pm

Just wondering what everyone's love life is feeling like these days!

Are you dating, either someone new, or your hubby? How's it going?

DH and I kept up a really nice tradition of going out Saturday nights, after our second child was old enough to start staying asleep reliably at least til midnight (we'd have my mom come watch TV or read, downstairs, after the kids were asleep for the night), and it was GREAT.

We'd go out on Saturday nights (Sunday being his only day off) and play pool in the depths of winter, or go to a sidewalk cafe in summer, or sometimes sit in a restaurant and just talk long about everything, gaze into each other's eyes, be alone together, someplace besides home.

Oddly enough, since #3 was born, we were different. Possibly because we see him as somehow more fragile than our first two, because he had a timing problem with his breathing and would sometimes not breathe and then gasp as a newborn, neither one of us felt comfortable leaving him for a second through his entire first year, and unlike our DD (#1) whom we just toted with us to the restaurant, asleep in her carseat carrier, we just stayed home.

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Belle petite, that is so true!
Our habit of dating was really a great thing, especially when we were new parents (and we'd just bring the baby with). We managed to keep it up through #2 (have grandma house-sit after the kids were in bed, and slip out for a couple of hours)...but as I told an earlier poster, for whatever reason, now, with 3, we're both struggling to stay up much past them being asleep! So we haven't dated for a while, but we also have more fun at home, with or without the kids... now all we need is that pool table in the basement idea, and we'd never leave!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

iVillage Member
If it helps to know, Loui50, when DH and I would go out, it was after the kids were all asleep with their Grandma essentially house-sitting, and sworn to call us if someone woke up, so we could be home in 10 minutes. When we'd go to dinner when DD was a little baby, we'd just take her with us, and if she woke, I'd nurse her quietly at the table, and it was fine.
With James for whatever reason, we just didn't... maybe with 3, we were too tired to go out at the end of the day! But one of these days, when I can stay conscious after 9 pm...!

-Meg

iVillage Member

Dh and I go out a couple times a week without the kiddos.

iVillage Member
We are usually homebodies as well. We have actually never left Trey with anyone, so that makes it a little hard to go on a date. However, my work schedule is changing and we have to hire a baby sitter for the summer. We are thinking about having her babysit one Saturday so we can go to lunch and catch a movie!! I figure that will give her a chance to get use to Trey and Trey a chance to get use to her, but I can come home if he has an absolute meltdown that Mommy AND Daddy are gone.

iVillage Member
We went on a date this past weekend! We went to Dave and Buster's and played arcade games for a while, it was fun!

Other than that, we usually are homebodies too
iVillage Member
Sounds pleasant! Hoping to hear more about your progressing pregnancy as you get news, too!

-Meg

iVillage Member

Dh and I are homebodies.

Photobucket