Worried I might actually be on time?

iVillage Member
Worried I might actually be on time?
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 4:17pm

So, DD was 2 weeks late. I was induced, which ended in a 'failure to progress' emergency section. I'm vowing to never go through that again, as it took 8 weeks after the section that I started to feel like a normal person again.

Anyway, I'm due 29 Jan. Logically, as I was 2 weeks late and induced (my body was sooooo not ready to go into labour, btw, as I was 0 cm and 0% effaced on the morning of induction - no wonder it took 3 days!), I'm expecting to go well over my official EDD. Actually, it works out perfectly. My doula will most definitely be in town (though she'll only be an hour away and said to call her anyway, that she'd come back from her holiday, which is for the week after I'm due). SDD is having her half term holiday the 3rd week in Feb, which works out that she'd still get to meet her little brother while he's still tiny (as per her wish) and frankly, I really am not emotionally prepared for this baby. So, all in all, I'm really OK with being incredibly late with this one. (just a side note, WHO says a normal pregnancy is 37-42 weeks, so you're not actually over due until you're 42+1).

I don't think I'd usually worry about this, but lately, I've been getting lots of braxton hicks, which really could mean nothing. Some of them are starting to come with the feeling of slightly period-type pains with pressure in my bottom. They're not often, though, but I never had them with DD. Also, this baby has dropped. I never did that with DD, either. Granted, he's been a bit on the low side, but now I'm feeling his feet and bum closer to my belly button, rather than above it and my bumb looks like it has definitely gone lower. Oh, and another thing, I can feel him in my pelvis, moving around, just within the last week. I really, really, really don't want to be on time. I actually want to be late (and yes, I am crazy!!).

Just a bit of a vent, I think. I'm just so not ready to be a mom to two small children. I know it will work out, what other choice do I have? Just not ready ... (sigh).

Love Megs

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 4:33pm
You're not crazy.
I'm scheduled for a C-section tomorrow and just last night, I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I felt like I wasn't ready yet and scared of how I'm going to handle everything.

Anyway, I'm fine now and I'm sure you will be too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 7:39pm

Funnily enough, Megs, I had the same weird feeling of "But I'm not ready!" all of a sudden, about a week before I birthed James.

I think it's fairly normal, but especially when you are going into the unknown with a desire to avoid a repeat of the past, and the weight of fears added to it. My first VBAC had more of the weight of the past attached, but this time, I had more of the fear of not being ready.

So if you need to talk, I am here. But what you are describing does sound like you are getting ready! I wrote in my diary 2 days before I had this baby, that I was trying not to read too much into things, but that I was extremely fatigued, had lost my appetite that day, spacey/hard to concentrate, and wondered if that meant labor was coming... the next day I took a notion that of all the things in the house that needed doing far worse, the freezer needed cleaning! I should have realized.

Hoping that your feeling of nerves, and your physical feelings, are all pointing steadfastly in the direction of a perfectly normal birth.

Whatever happens from here, you can only handle one day at a time, both before this baby comes, and after. Your life only comes at you one day at a time.

Big hugs, and rooting for you, keep updating!

-Meg

Loving life as an 0ver-35 mom and Postal Wife, homeschooling, urban homesteading, relaxed crunchy/geek hybrid housewife, trying to live consciously in an age of media hypnosis

<a href="http://lilypie.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 7:53pm
I'm kinds on the fence. At 37 weeks I wasn't ready. I will be 40 this sunday and I am feeling better now. ANytime would be good. It will all work out, as you said.

Amanda

Mom to Talia (3)

expecting #2 on 1/11/11