Anyone else having a Seriously Hard Time coming up with a name??

iVillage Member
Anyone else having a Seriously Hard Time coming up with a name??
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 1:25pm

We are all ready for baby... but... NO NAME FOR THE BABY BOY!!!

The DH and I are at total loggerheads!!

pregnancy week by week

Pages

iVillage Member

DH and I have not come up with a name.

iVillage Member
first, i really have to say that ATOM is HORRIBLE! :( your hubby's out of his mind!!! LOL! i know there's no woman who'd let their hubby have his way w/ that name! you can't get as crazy and creative w/ boy names and you can w/ girl names...at least not for the child's sake. i'm all for shaking-up the spelling a little, but seriously now!

second, fortunately choosing names is something that my hubby and i never had any issues with. i always had a certain set of names in my head (i mean for a long time now...with some flexibility) and i'm just happy that my hubby didn't...and though there were names i liked that he didn't, we pick names very easily. for my first, we had one boy name and one girl name...it was easy. when we found out we were having a boy, the name was what it was and never changed or discussed. this time, i had initially wanted different names than we wound up picking but it wasn't a big deal...i looked online for a few choices and we decided on one boy name and one girl name...and ultimately, i liked the "new" ones better. and when we found out this baby is a girl, we had her name and started using it right away.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

We had a really hard time with boys names too.

iVillage Member

Ugh.

iVillage Member

He says "hunter"s.... don't live up to their potential. whatever the Heck THAT means!!!

and omg Eskar and Natrujar! I don't even know how to pronounce that one!

I just want a list of names we agree on so we can pick one when he pops out.

Improvment tho.. he is SUGGESTING other names that Atom now.. so that is positive. So hopefully we will come up with something we can both live with!

pregnancy week by week
iVillage Member

It's good he's suggesting other names.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Hi there!

I can certainly understand trying to find names that both you and your hubby agree on. Selecting a name was always so frustrating!

Have you visited the baby name boards here on iVillage yet? If not, you may want to stop by. The boards are filled with ladies that are passionate about naming and they may be able to give you a few new ideas.

Good luck and I hope you find a name you both like very soon!

Baby Names- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-ppbabyname

Baby Names: Beyond the Trends- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-psbabynames

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

Jen

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Dh said if we named our first after his grandfather he'd give up naming rights to any other kids lol. Little did he know I loved the name Alex and would gave went with it anyway. ( his grandfathers name was Alec so we changed it to Alex if he was a girl he'd had been Alexa . Luckily though we have very similar tastes in names so dh has loved all the kids names lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wow...your husbands are impossible! LOL! In all seriousness, it would frustrate the hell outta me and I'd just pick the name I wanted and make sure to get to the paperwork first! :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages