Anyone else keepin' it a secret`

iVillage Member
Anyone else keepin' it a secret`
Wed, 05-04-2011 - 12:46pm

I feel ready to pop-both baby wise and secret wise. You see I'm now 9 weeks away from having my first set of twins after 2 singletons, and we have decided to keep the fact that it's twins a secret from everyone EVEN MY OWN TWIN!!! I can't believe I have actually gotten this far along without slipping but now I feel ready to burst so I'm sharing the news with all of you out there:) The shock of hearing the ultrasound technician say there were 2 shouldn't have freaked me out as I am a twin, but it was my twin who always dreamed of having twins! Never thought it would be me!!!

anyone else pregnant with twins? How did you handle the last couple of months? Didn't think it could get this uncomfy.I have issues with my veins and am really hoping they go back to normal after birth..TELL ME THEY WILL!! My husband wants me to stop working and be home relaxing but with 2 kids a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old who has time to just put their feet up!

Any one out there have tips or ideas???

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2011 - 2:20pm

Good job at keeping the 2nd twin a secret I don't know if I could have done it.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2011 - 3:59pm

I don't have any tips for you, just wanted to say that I think that's awesome that you've managed to keep that secret!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-04-2011 - 5:47pm

I agree, what an awesome secret!!!

As for the veins, I have some varicose veins that seem to enlarge when I'm prengant...but when I'm not, they go down to a less hideous state : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 2:08pm
We've got a couple ladies on here who are pregnant with twins.

Congrats on your twins!!!

I'm a SAHM to a 2 and 3 year old. When I'm tired or sore, I can usually find ways to relax. Staying at home might be a good fit for you.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 2:53pm

Are...you... serious!? How did you EVER keep that secret!!!?? That's awesome. I'm having twin girls and couldn't imagine having held that secret for so long (in awe, still).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 10:21am

One time I decided to keep the gender secret... ha! I did not actually say, but it got out anyway... I cannot imagine that secret not getting out here...and it really is a cool one!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 12:55pm

Total strangers tend to regret asking me cuz I usually spill the beans to them and since I can't talk to my friends and family they hear an earful:) I even find myself asking if they want to see an ultrasound pic..They think I'm a crazy preggers:smileysurprised:

we are having one of each and non identical-I'm still working full time but my dr. has advised me to start preparing to take it easy.Although I'm not sure I know how! oh ya and we move shortly lol

I just have to get up and walk or lie down every couple of hours to keep the pressure off the vein. I'm so happy for you that you don't suffer from vein issues and stretch marks!