Anyone else Nesting??

iVillage Member
Anyone else Nesting??
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 11:25am

I know it might be too early for this but I really think I'm nesting. DH seems convinced I am as well. With my first DD I only started nesting a week before her arrival but it was fierce! Everything had to be cleaned top to bottom and organized. I vacuumed and steam cleaned all the rugs in the house in one day, did crazy cleaning of every nook and cranny on every item we owned and if something got in my way or delayed my progress I would burst into tears. I'm only 24 weeks and for the last week I have felt exactly like I did with ODD. The problem this time is that I have a 10 month old and can't just clean clean clean. I find this is making me even more frustrated and when I try to do something and it doesn't happen, I am en emotional mess. Last night we went to open DD a bank account as they have a promotion for $25 when you open a new account. It has been on my to do list for weeks and I just wanted it done. We went to the bank and they didn't have any available representatives to help us and now we won't be able to go open it until next week! I know it's not that big of a deal, but when the clerk told me this, it took everything not to burst into tears right there in front of her. My hormones have been pretty stable in terms of everything else but when it comes to cleaning and getting stuff done and organized I feel like a crazy lady! DH bless his heart has been very supportive and isn't making a big deal of my seemingly emotional outbursts and my sudden need to get that shelf unit into the basement NOW and other such pressing issues to me. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is nesting this early or if I'm the only crazy bird haha.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 12:07pm

I don't really nest exactly ... well mostly... I would not believe in it at all except that during labor with my first I found myself distracted from the labor with a need to prepare...

(It is kind of hilarious in hindsight: I had a four hour labor.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 3:30pm

Not this time and not this early..

My last pregnancy and first pregnancy--i cleaned like a crazy person the night before my DD15 arrived!!! i thought i was going to be overdue (i had DD15 on her due date) so funny thing is i planned for some family to visit on her due date and was a maniac cleaning and then i went into labor. I was like wow that must be the nesting thing!!!

I am pretty tired these days...I am sure i will clean the house like crazy in June/July before this baby comes..i really just want to rest and relax right now because May is crazy busy for me --every wkd is booked with stuff so just thinking about that gets me tired!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 11:39am
I definitely haven't nested yet! My house can attest to that. ;)

I can't recall ever hitting the nesting phase with my other two pregnancies. I don't count on getting it with this pregnancy as well.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 5:06pm

DH is referring to it as hypernesting lol. I'm in my 26th week and I've been doing it for a little while now. I dont remember doing it this early with my first. Although for the past week I've been getting tired spells that seem to be interfering with my intense desire to prepare for baby. I think it's because I'm scared everything wont be ready in time and having the baby before everything is "ready" will be like having a meteor hit my life. Even though realistically I know it wont be like that and we will just handle things as they come. Today we took a trip to my FIL's house to get a bunch of baby stuff we had packed away in the attic. Ideally I would like to have the baby's room set up by the end of this month. I think it's important especially since she'll share a room with DD and I want DD to have time to get used to the room before the baby comes. As much as I know the baby will make a difference in my life I'm sure its nothing

Photobucket