Anyone feel the need to stockpile food and other non-food items? I have been a mad woman!! lol

iVillage Member
Anyone feel the need to stockpile food and other non-food items? I have been a mad woman!! lol
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 8:01pm

I have been like a crazy person buying tons of things so i don't have to worry about it for a few months.. I feel like i need more toilet paper, paper towels etc. I even stocked up on hair products, cleaning products, deoderant, and contact lenses...Anyone stocking up on stuff like i am ? i didn't do this with first pregnancy but i know i won't be running out with baby (though i can order stuff online). DH asked me to not to leave him alone with baby until he is used to taking care of her. lol

iVillage Member

Haha!

iVillage Member
Nope, not me ;) Wasn't like this w/ Tristen either. I do weekly shopping, and plan to still do it once the baby comes. Though I do wish we had the money that I could stock-up on some items (ie. meats that can be kept in freezer) but I can't spend that much money at once...we already spend a small fortune weekly.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

I won't have any freezer meals (we don't make any casseroles or anything like that -with my food allergies and DH doesn't like vegetables and DD15 is picky with food too). .We make simple things. Dh will do that hopefully.

iVillage Member

We order thing from Amazon.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

I have been stocking the pantry also!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member

I keep meaning to get toilet paper and paper towels but haven't had the time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
What a relief to know that your parents will be able to help with the kids.

I usually have a small stockpile of tolietries and favorite foods all the time - a couple toothpastes, shampoo, deodorants, diapers, wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, granola bars, cereal, etc. I do need to restock some of the items (toilet paper, paper towels, some snacks) that are starting to run low. I would love to have all of our favorites already in the house because I know if I ask DH to pick something up that we are out of, there is no telling what he will come home with.