Anyone keeping up with an exercise routine?

iVillage Member
Anyone keeping up with an exercise routine?
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 12:19pm

I had been working out a little..but i have neglected that part of my life pretty much. I notice if take a nap and sleep good, i want to work out which i will be doing shortly today (just the eliptical for a bit).

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 2:03pm
I've been trying to keep up the exercise too. I have two boxers and try to walk them at least 5 times a week for about 45 min at a time. They are tired and then I know I am getting a good workout!

I've also been doing squats and light weights. I've noticed flabby legs, too.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 8:26am

Oh my gosh! I haven't done a single kind of exercise since October! I use to jog about 2 miles a day on the treadmill. When I got pregnant I was so exhausted, it was hard for me so I stopped. I have a hard time finding time. I work all day and I am on my feet a majority of the time, so when I get home my back aches and my pelvis hurts. I really do need to start walking but it's so hard to be motivated! Good job to those of you that have kept up on exercise!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 1:22pm

I started the pregnancy well, but then... nothing in a while... Funny thing is that I was thinking about this a lot yesterday.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 2:40pm

i know River!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 1:42am
I did some yoga last month, but then my pelvis started killing me, so I completely stopped. At this point, I think I'm going to not bother with exercising until after Oliver is born. We have stairs that I am constantly walking up and down, so I get my exercise that way ;)
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 7:51am
I teach fitness classes (weight lifting, Pilates, spinning, boxing) and have been able to keep up with my usual routine of 7 classes a week. This week I started to modify with lighter weights during leg work and haven't been doing crunches for a while. I will slow down when our new summer class schedule comes out in June and do my own cardio workouts instead. I still notice the thighs getting a little more flabby though.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-29-2011 - 12:37pm
I was keeping up on my jogging until the morning sickness started. The morning sickness went away, but I just don't want to work out now. Much top tired and in pain. I figure I have plenty of time after the baby is here. For now, i'll just soak up the laziness. :D
Photobucket