awkward moment with old dr

iVillage Member
awkward moment with old dr
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 1:44pm

For some reason the past 3 nights I've worked I am constantly running into my old OB! This is the one that I HATED because she always acted like she had no idea who I was at each visit even though I saw her my entire pregnancy with DS1 and with this baby until about 13 weeks.

I started working at this hospital in January and have only seen her once (and she didn't speak) since then, until these past few days. I got stuck in an awkward situation with just her, the patient, and myself in the room. She called me by my first name (which may just be because of my ID badge) , asked how I was doing and then made the smart*** remark "Well I haven't seen you in a while." I couldn't get out of that room fast enough!

Then again last night she was in triage with a patient when I was in there and was asking how far along I was and how my little boy was doing. What!? You mean she actually knows who I am now that I'm not her patient anymore!?

Has anyone else had an awkard run-in with previous doctors? Do you think I should feel bad that she's suddenly being so nice to me?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 3:32pm

I don't think you should feel bad at all.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 5:06pm

I wouldn't feel bad...and she certainly shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable, especially in front of other patients! There's no law saying you have to go to an OB where you work. Hopefully, things will get a little easier for you : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-11-2011 - 7:46pm

I don't think you should feel bad at all!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 11:01am
I've only had a run in once with my previous OB/NP (from last pregnancy) (my current OB is out of town, so I had to see my old OB/NP). If she recognized me, she didn't act like it. It still felt pretty awkward on my end though!

That sounds pretty unprofessional to be acting like that, especially in front of patients! Don't feel bad at all!!! I'm wondering if she was acting like that to purposefully make you feel that way...
 BabyFetus Ticker