BB Breathing issues?

iVillage Member
BB Breathing issues?
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:10am

Hey ladies... I know that I haven't posted much lately and this board is almost non moving but I was hoping someone could help.. Pretty much ever since we moved here (March) Abbie has had some major breathing issue. At first we thought allergies, then a cold... Finally it got to where she wasn't sleeping and had issues eating and was throwing up mucus.. We took her to peds and she was put on antibiotics, steroids, and nebulizer treatments. They said she had some wheezing, double ear infections... She was checked on 7/18, on 7/24 we went back in for her 12 mth. check and she still had a "yucky" ear on one side and am supposed to go back in on 8/8.. My issue is that even though she is eating better, and acting better, she is still having a constant leaking nose, snoring, rattling sounds when I nurse her . She is off her antibiotics and just on the nebulizer twice a day now. I am wondering if anyone has experienced asthma in babies or allergies that never seem to go away. She gives us a huge fit taking meds by mouth so I can't imagine giving her an allergy med every day!!

Oh and other info to know is that they tested her oxygen saturation at the doc and it was like 98 to 100 so doc just figured it was all the mucus causing the wheezing in her chest.. her white blood count was good on 7/24, so she was being helped by the antibiotics and didn't have a major respiratory infection, and also.. she only started this after we moved into this house, so we think something here might be making her ill..which is why we are eager to move..

Any advice would be welcome and appreciated..TIA

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 11:55am
No idea. I would have to guess either air quality or allergies. Maybe even a mOld of some sort? I check the board just about every day though so please keep updating! Fingers crossed it gets figured out
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers