Convinced DH to name baby's middle name after my mom!!

iVillage Member
Convinced DH to name baby's middle name after my mom!!
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 7:38am

So for a while we were trying to figure out a middle name for Jenna.. my mother's name is Gloria (not the best name esp for today's world). If my mom's name wasn't Gloria i doubt i would use it but i am not sure any baby will ever be named after my mom and I am naming this baby's first name after DH's deceased mom. I kind of felt a little bad that i haven't included my mom in any child i am having.

Pages

iVillage Member
I like Jenna Glorianne. Cool way to use Gloria too. I love family names. DS is named Joshua Todd after my brother (Josh) and DH's brother (Todd), but we cell him JT. If this baby is a girl, she is Eden Elise (Elise is my middle name and SIL's middle name) and if a boy he is Jordan Scott (Scott is DH's name).

I would love to use my deceased mom's name, but Pamela Patriciais just not good, anyway you try and use it! We especially like family names and Biblical names.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I think that's really very thoughtful and a nice way to honor your mom while also paying tribute to your deceased MIL. I strongly prefer Jenna Glorianne -- only because I don't love the two names ending in "a".
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

okay..thanks!! that's what we have been saying (at least me!) .. Yeah i didn't like it at first but its grown on me.. and i know my mom would be happy..(haven't told anyone -maybe i'll wait until after birth) lol

iVillage Member

Thanks Roxy!! I like family names too :)

iVillage Member

Jenna Glorianne the double a's sound off together... i love the names with meaning opposed to the made up not really a name you can pronounce names :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I like Jenna Glorianne. I think it is a wonderful way to include both moms.
iVillage Member
i think it's an awesome idea to wait until she's born to announce the full name, and for your mom to find out then!!! would pay to see that pic!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

Yeah, i think i'll do that...I know she was talking about it at my baby shower with DH's cousin. who said they both liked Glorianne..( i mentioned that variation that I liked instead of Gloria -for an option as a middle name). I said to them, well if DH goes along with it.... I havent' spoken about the middle name since. :)

iVillage Member

I'm with you and the PPs.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I love Jenna Glorianne! It's very pretty.
Photobucket

Pages