Decided I am going to have him on July 4!

iVillage Member
Decided I am going to have him on July 4!
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 10:01am

OK. I know I cannot control this... *smirk*

As you know, last weekend, I had contractions galore, and on Monday, I found out that my cervix had actually changing.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 10:44am

yeah i wish i could say when too...I think everyone else will have their babies (happening already --women who were due after me having their babies) and me who's due in 5 days will be watching...oh well.. i go on July 6th for dr appt. I guess you never know ..baby could come and i have no warning.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 11:13am
I am kind of jealous of the scheduled births too.

I was thinking too that the 4th of July would be a neat day to have the baby as well. I am not due until the 22nd but both the doctor and I think I will not make it anywhere close to my due date. Not because I am having tons of contractions but because I never have. So, both he and I think I will have the baby next week and I was thinking if it had to be next week, why not July 4th? If only the power of suggestion would work.
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 12:51pm

LOL...you are too funny! I hope you get your "wish"...I'll have to make sure I keep scrolling down to see new birth announcements, such an exciting time.

Oh and I *hate* the fact that I know my BB's birthday. I mean, it is nice to be able to plan, but I sort of feel like that surprise is gone.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 1:35pm

Although i didn't want baby early or anything i am kind of annoyed that everyone has their dates for their babies and I am due in 5 days and could have this baby when others are having their babies by c-section and were due much later than me..I guess i am getting jealous that i could possibly have this baby on July 21st even though i am due 7/7. I mean worst case scenario but still. I am 39 weeks 2 days and everyone is having their babies before this..My baby will prob be BIG.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 5:47pm
It would be awesome to have fireworks on your birthday every year!!! hahaha

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he comes on monday :)

Do you go into labor soon after your cervix starts changing?
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 9:24pm

All the rules are out the window for me this pregnancy.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 12:05pm
I decided long ago that my goober should come out on July 4th LOL
I think it would be a great & memorable date... but of course I have no control over it either :-)
I am sorry you've had days of hard contractions-- I hope you are able to rest, can you sleep through them at night?

I also wanted to give birth this weekend because it's the only time I Have some 24/hour available support to watch my son (my MIL is visiting).
After Monday, there won't be anyone to watch him , other than friends who can babysit a bit but that is not the same thing (my husband doesn't know my friends and would not likely let them baby sit our son for more than a couple hours)

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 12:07pm
Sorry it's driving you crazy River! I haven't even had a contraction yet but an going a little bonkers with not knowing the when/how of it all!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 12:49pm
Alex's play therapist and I were talking thursday after alex's appointment and he tells me you know she's going to come Monday she's already being a firecracker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-03-2011 - 8:54pm
Sounds like a plan! I hope it works out for you! ;) July 4th would be a really neat birthday!

This is the first pregnancy where I am having a birth that was scheduled so far in advance. It is a little weird, and I do miss the excitement of wondering when labor will begin, but I do have to admit it is AWESOME to know that the lastest I will be able to see my baby is in 11 days!!!! :D
Photobucket

Pages