Does your BB sleep in a variety of places??

iVillage Member
Does your BB sleep in a variety of places??
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 9:02pm

All this talk about sleeping babies has me wonder if Jack is the only baby who seems to have a variety of sleeping places. He is kind of finnicky and while he is sleeping MUCH better than he used to, he seems to change his sleeping place quite frequently. For awhile, he was sleeping with me, then the rock and play sleeper, then the co-sleeper, then back to sleeping with me and now he has been sleeping soley in the rock and play sleeper for the last week or so. It seems like just as we get situated with a "routine" he changes it up and wants to be somewhere else. We've tried the crib a few times, but that usually goes the same way. Oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain since he is getting a good amount of sleep, it's just not always in the same place.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 10:52pm
Well all my kids have been "sleep where you are when you get tired" kind of kids. So they might nap in the car seat or stroller or papasan chair. Or they might fall asleep in the crib looking at the mobile or on the baby gym play mat. But at night, she goes to bed with me every night. I don't really even try to put her anywhere else because I like cosleeping with my babies.

But I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not.

I know many of my friends and neighbors insist their kids are at home in their cribs for every nap or possible moment of sleep. It seems to work for them but I would feel far too restricted that way, personally. And I like being able to keep up with my other kids' schedules w/o hiring a nanny to sit and watch the baby sleep.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 11:59pm

The only place Eve will fall asleep is with me holding her, but once she's asleep for the night I can move her (not during the day though, she'll wake up).

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 6:54am

I never really thought about the upside to having Jack sleep in different places. It certainly does make us less restricted since he'll nap in a few different places and that means we can go here and there.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 10:58am

Hm: well, yes... he will nap in the store, living room, bedroom, park, school, or anywhere... in my arms. Hehehehe!

Consistently, my arms is really the only place I can get him to dependably go to sleep, but if he is tired and on the edge of a nap, he will fall asleep almost anywhere: carseat, swing, bed, floor, his papason, or wherever - but if you move him - POP! eyes open... This is also true a lot of the time when he falls asleep in my arms - I then cannot put him down.

On the other hand, he can sleep through a pack of screaming kids, a noisy mall or restaurant, a train that is in the distance but NOT right next to him..

He does not really seem to favor much... other than my arms and occasionally he seems to like to be inclined... and he does not like his legs covered.

(My third had definite preferences - the surface HAD to be inclined when he was youngest... as he got older though he liked the

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 3:19pm

Jenna will nap in swing, car seat, and stroller. only sleeps in car seat at night

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-24-2011 - 9:27am

Molly is pretty good.

Lilypie - Personal picture